Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Remember that big ECM I warned you about a few weeks ago (The one that would even take down the FTA receivers)

Well I understand that the ECM has or is just about to take place. This ECM will take down most everything.

And just in time for the Olympics. :)

If you have thought about going legit now would be the perfect time.

I guess I don't see how a ECM could take down a hacked Pansat. Can they not just redo it?

Plus, does it kill the receiver totally, or can it still be used for FTA? If it kills it, that's no good(even if they are stealing).

The Pansat can still be used for FTA, it just cant tune Dish or ExpressVu anymore the changed the datastream so that those receivers can not tune in anymore, and from what I know they will be changing the way the datastream is sent every few hours. :)

About time I say.

So you wont be able to get the FTA that even dish sends out anymore? That's to bad cause there's some nice stuff FTA on 61.5 right now :)

If Dish is sending out FTA then you will still get it, its the encoded stuff that you wont be able to get.

Doesn't effect me. I pay for my E*. (Almost Everything Package+ HD+ Locals + CBS-HD)

Just wonder how it will effect selling the receivers for legit purposes. Guess it was a good thing I didn't order 600. :D :D :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
Dang I dont have access there. :D

I guess that the move has gone down then.

Looks like it, there are a lot of people downloading keys, finding out they don't work.

A lot of the dodgy sites I snoop in on from time to time are down, probably due to kids wondering where "their" channels are.
It's great, I forsee good pickins on ebay soon :)

"Well I understand that the ECM has or is just about to take place. This ECM will take down most everything."

.........and you know this how?

Parity Key is not the same as the traditional public key change... a public key is used to decrypt CMD03 Packets, and Parity Key's are used to decrypt/verify the packet For CMD00,01 and CMD02.

Packet Order... How it works....

When you tune to a channel...

1. CMD02 Comes Down that contains random keys for video
2. CMD03 Comes Down with Tier and Date information and Two 8 byte Keys.

3. Once the Tier has been found to authorize video, the CMD03 Data is Combined/Hashed with the Previous CMD02 data and that information is Returned to the Receiver with CMD13...

4. You should Get Video if all those steps worked...

But now they changed the parity key and CMD02 uses it, so the wrong data is used to combine the two keys and You get a BLANK Screen

note: just because i KNOW about this stuff does not mean i PARTICIPATE:

people using PCI video cards are already back up and running. the "fix" is expected for receivers later today. it did not change the data stream. All it was is that they enabled a feature inside the cards that was not previously used. it was trivial to enable that feature on the PCI cards to get them back up and running within hours.

But we shouldn't let that bother us. so what if people are stealing service? It doesn't affect us in any way (and if you say increased rates that's just BS that any company feeds it's customers to justify price increases). We pay for service so we don't have to wait for hackers to provide us with the latest keys in order to watch television. And we also get the full benefit of FTA which they do not with their small dishes and desire to only see what Dish and ExpressVu provide them.

I don't see it as an us vs. them situation. They are there, we are here. let them do their thing. Theft is always going to happen, no matter how much security is put in place. Doesn't really affect us.

GutBomb said:
note: just because i KNOW about this stuff does not mean i PARTICIPATE:

Same here, I do find it funny watching them panic when something like this happens though.

Memorable quotes from the dark side..

"There is logical explanation ...119 is down.110 partly.....
I SAY IT IS A HURICAN.....GUYS I MIGH BE CRAZY BUT D****n**** has noting to do with this....BAD WEATHER IS REASON FOR THIS"

"is FTA down?"

"my black bird is down also can only get channel 101 on 119* whats going on :("

Class.

IF you're getting Feezing, Dish has Changed the Parity Key and using this now for the CMD02s (MECM Packets) used to Seed the video key, so there will be a black screen when they use the new key. If they start doing this more frequently, then we will need to update the software to auto-update the key.

Just to clear some confusion...

Parity Key is not the same as the traditional public key change... a public key is used to decrypt CMD03 Packets, and Parity Key's are used to decrypt/verify the packet For CMD00,01 and CMD02.

Packet Order... How it works....

When you tune to a channel...

1. CMD02 Comes Down that contains random keys for video
2. CMD03 Comes Down with Tier and Date information and Two 8 byte Keys.

3. Once the Tier has been found to authorize video, the CMD03 Data is Combined/Hashed with the Previous CMD02 data and that information is Returned to the Receiver with CMD13...

4. You should Get Video if all those steps worked...

But now they changed the parity key and CMD02 uses it, so the wrong data is used to combine the two keys and You get a BLANK Screen

I'm sure a new flash will be out soon. (prob a day or two for the popular recievers) I hope this helps clear up some of the rumors that have started about Nag2 comming early.

From what I understand that was only part one. From what I know is they plan on changing the stream every so often so the FTA guys have to keep reflashing their units.

It's not over yet. The force of Charlie has not been felt yet. :D

Cascade said:
Same here, I do find it funny watching them panic when something like this happens though.

Memorable quotes from the dark side..

"There is logical explanation ...119 is down.110 partly.....
I SAY IT IS A HURICAN.....GUYS I MIGH BE CRAZY BUT D****n**** has noting to do with this....BAD WEATHER IS REASON FOR THIS"

"is FTA down?"

"my black bird is down also can only get channel 101 on 119* whats going on :("

Class.

It is only clueless newbies that post stupid things like that. Anybody that has any clue how that stuff works never panics.

"We dont condone hacking no matter how good you are at it, or that you do not panic, please do not post this here!"

CKNA said:
It is only clueless newbies that post stupid things like that. Anybody that has any clue how that stuff works never panics.

The thing is, barely any of them know how it works.
All they're doing is pointing their dish at a strong bird, uploading keys to their receivers and watching TV - they wouldn't know a symbol rate from their elbow.
Any trained monkey can do that.

Remember guys.....lets keep it on topic and not stroll down hackers lane :)

and Jbroncfan.....YOU DIDNT READ THE CUTE LITTLE POSTY I HAVE AT THE TOP OF THE FORUM, HUH??

NO HACK TALK!!!!!

Now i can get my .02 in

ALL RIGHT CHARLIE!!!!
ALL RIGHT BELL!!!
WAY TO GO!!!! :):):)

Bell already started this with their regular receiver systems. Now that they have NFL ST, when you order it, they are sending you a new card (I think its purple).
So if you dont have the new card, you cant get it :D:D

I'm very happy with my LEGAL Pansat. I have no clue why pathetic losers would hack it so they can get free Dish...Just pay for it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts