Looks like the end is near

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Too bad E and Bev did not wait a day to do the ECM. It would have given the hackers a new meaning to the old phrase "Friday the 13th".

WTguy said:
Too bad E and Bev did not wait a day to do the ECM. It would have given the hackers a new meaning to the old phrase "Friday the 13th".

today is my birthday, and I was born on Friday the 13th. Good luck for me.

timmy1376 said:
today is my birthday, and I was born on Friday the 13th. Good luck for me.
Heehee too good to pass up.

Possible years of birth and age:
# for ((i=1900; $i<=2004; i++)); do cal 8 $i | grep -q "13 ..$" && echo $i $((2004-$i)); done
1909 95
1915 89
1920 84
1926 78
1937 67
1943 61
1948 56
1954 50
1965 39
1971 33
1976 28
1982 22
1993 11
1999 5
2004 0

Thus timmy1376's secret disguised nickname has been decoded :) mwuhahaha. Happy 28th!

Iceberg said:
I'm very happy with my LEGAL Pansat. I have no clue why pathetic losers would hack it so they can get free Dish...Just pay for it

I am just currious about this comment. Does this mean that if someone wished to legally subcribe to E* or D* thru the Pansat they could? I am not looking to do this its just a what if question for if and when I get into FTA.

They can start changing the stream every so often to make them flash their receivers often but they will figure something out to where they will not have to go through as much trouble to do it or have it automatically done. Its just a matter of time, but it may deter them for a while. Once the new stream will be the only stream in place then would they not be able to do this anymore?

motorcycle_rider said:
I am just currious about this comment. Does this mean that if someone wished to legally subcribe to E* or D* thru the Pansat they could? I am not looking to do this its just a what if question for if and when I get into FTA.

Nope, you can't sub to Echostar, BellExVu or DirecTV with a Pansat.
A legal Pansat is a virgin unit, unaltered from the factory and receives free to air programming.

Stargazer said:
They can start changing the stream every so often to make them flash their receivers often but they will figure something out to where they will not have to go through as much trouble to do it or have it automatically done. Its just a matter of time, but it may deter them for a while. Once the new stream will be the only stream in place then would they not be able to do this anymore?

That'd put them off for a while.
As far as I can see the only way of stopping all but the very hardcore hackers (Those that can use SMD stations, know JTAG proto etc) is to use a key that is bigger than these units can store, threre's only so much EEPROM memory available in these receivers and a big ol' chunk of 2MB key won't fit into the 256KB flash.

Stargazer said:
Wouldnt they just mod the receivers to make them capable of having a 2MB or so flash?

That's my point, if you've never worked on SMD before you'd have no chance - there would be so many dead boxes floating around.
Added to that the fact that the St CPU probably won't address the full capacity of the EEPROM rendering the upgrade useless.

EchoStar needs someone on the "inside".

TuxCoder said:
Heehee too good to pass up.

Possible years of birth and age:
# for ((i=1900; $i<=2004; i++)); do cal 8 $i | grep -q "13 ..$" && echo $i $((2004-$i)); done
1909 95
1915 89
1920 84
1926 78
1937 67
1943 61
1948 56
1954 50
1965 39
1971 33
1976 28
1982 22
1993 11
1999 5
2004 0

Thus timmy1376's secret disguised nickname has been decoded :) mwuhahaha. Happy 28th!

My 28 year old mind thinks you have too much time and TALENT! :p

motorcycle_rider said:

no. When I mean a LEGAL Pansat, it's one that hasn't had "hack" software loaded into it.

All I get is the unencrypted DIsh & Bell stuff (which is the audio channels)

I get all the regular FTA stuff :)

(btw...I have a subscription to Dish and a grey sub to Evu) :D

jbroncfan

you just dont get it, do you?

NO HACK TALK

Lets see...you've posted 3 times and all 3 have been deleted by mod's (one by admin, two by mod's)...one more and you're banned

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)