Status
Please reply by conversation.

z71tahoe193

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 10, 2004
Lubbock, TX
I am constantly over at the Voom forum and check out this area every now and then and had a few questions. To get HD on BUD I would need the dish, 4DTV reciever, and a HDD-200. On other forums I have heard people use Integra 910's, Motorola DSR4810, and the Alteia Plus Commercial to recieve FOX-HD,NBC-HD,CBS-HD, some HD-net stuff, etc. Are these legal to use? My local ABC and CBS don't plan on ever going HD, and it would be nice to get some uncompressed HD. Thanks.

I am pretty sure they are legal to use but further than that I have never seen or installed any of the above : (

z71tahoe193 said:
I am constantly over at the Voom forum and check out this area every now and then and had a few questions. To get HD on BUD I would need the dish, 4DTV reciever, and a HDD-200. On other forums I have heard people use Integra 910's, Motorola DSR4810, and the Alteia Plus Commercial to recieve FOX-HD,NBC-HD,CBS-HD, some HD-net stuff, etc. Are these legal to use? My local ABC and CBS don't plan on ever going HD, and it would be nice to get some uncompressed HD. Thanks.

The comercial receviers are legal to use, but they are expensive. Figure spending at least $3500 each and if the broadcasts become encrypted, they'll be worthless to you.

If you got a pci dvb card for a pc, you could get in HD on c-band: CBS, ABC, UPN, WB and PBS. I'm not sure about FOX and NBC. I've never tried.

You will not get any hd broadcast networks with a 4dtv and hdd-200, except for PBS.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)