Loose signal overnight....again.

JimP

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Wetumpka, AL
Last night this happened again for the third time.

I'll turn on the 722 and it can't find the satellites. I've found that unscrewing the satellite coax from the 722, giving it a 10 second rest, then reconnecting it bring it back alive.

I have a hunch that something gets screwed up during the nightly program guide update.

Does anybody know why this happens and what can be done (if anything) to stop it.

I have had this happen before - and it has happened the last 2 nights after the 3 am update. Check switch will show all three LNB's as red even though I am able to get a single higher power 119 transponder (17 I think) for channell 101. It's as if the paid programing is locked out but the free, or barker channels stay up.

I tried 2 cold boots and nothing and then a warm, or soft boot would bring it back. It felt more like a "time" problem needing a while for what ever reason for the software to come back - which makes no sense at all.

Not sure how wide spread this is.

CustM

For clarity, its the following morning when the system can't seem to find any of the satellites. I'm up pretty late and I think I checked the system at around 2:30a.m. and I believe it was working fine.

I tried unplugging/replugging the 722 and then pressing the power button on the 722 and it still didn't find the satellite. It only found it when I removed the coax from the back of the 722 and then returned it.

I'll try 119/17 if/when it happens again. What are you calling a soft boot??

A warm or soft boot would be holding the front panel power button "IN" to reboot with out pulling the power cord.

Mine is also OK until the early morning update (3 AM)

Edited to add:

I am still running the L612 software and as of yet do not have the update.

my unit is setup for 3am CST update as well, but i actually noticed it went through this procedure at 4am CST this morning. I have 613 software now (though i thought i had it before last night).

Similar issue here with my 622. Yesterday, all my HD channels were all pixelated and stuttering, but my signal levels were all good.

Today, same thing. Tried rebooting the whole unit, nothing. Everything still pixelated and stuttering on HD.

Tried the unscrew the coax for 10 seconds trick listed above and poof, everything works perfectly fine.