Loosing all satellites

brownover

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 9, 2006
north carolina
Variances of this problem have been on here before, but I want to hear other opinions on this problem. Some days after 3 pm, I lose all satellites suddenly. It varies as to the time of day and some days it doesn't happen at all, somedays it will happen twice or more. 622 does not reboot and only once in a while do I have to reboot to recover signal. I have a dish 500 pointed at 110/119 and a 30 inch pointed at 129. Signals are very strong normally. All of a sudden I get "searching for satellite" I have deleted weak ota stations as advised in another thread and pressing dvr button does not bring stations back. Lnb on 30 inch dish is new, other lnb not. System info shows no drift. The only weakness in my system is a 16 year old RG6 cable, it is buried underground however. Opinions?

A variety of problems could cause that popup. If this is DishPro equipment, your receiver should still "see" the switch and LNBs, even if atmospheric conditions or misalignment causes loss of signal. What does the device line say on Menu 6-1-3?

A variety of problems could cause that popup. If this is DishPro equipment, your receiver should still "see" the switch and LNBs, even if atmospheric conditions or misalignment causes loss of signal. What does the device line say on Menu 6-1-3?
Usually I check that Krell and it basically picks up nothing for a while ( I mean it will stay on 8% complete for a long time) and then it may show a signal from one or two satellites and then sometimes all of a sudden it will show everything as good. I am sure it is not a misalignment problem.

You didn't say, but I imagine the new LNB goes into an older DPP twin, and somebody 16 years ago ran that cable underground for some other purpose. If so, I suspect you are going to have to run a new cable. If you do so, RUN THREE new cables, not one.

I can think of two relatively easy things you can try short of digging. ;) You can replace that DPP twin and see if that went bad. You can also run a new RG6 cable, temporarily over the ground, for testing purposes. OK, 3 things. If the cable test indicates the buried cable is bad, before digging simply replace the ends.

You didn't say, but I imagine the new LNB goes into an older DPP twin, and somebody 16 years ago ran that cable underground for some other purpose. If so, I suspect you are going to have to run a new cable. If you do so, RUN THREE new cables, not one.

I can think of two relatively easy things you can try short of digging. ;) You can replace that DPP twin and see if that went bad. You can also run a new RG6 cable, temporarily over the ground, for testing purposes. OK, 3 things. If the cable test indicates the buried cable is bad, before digging simply replace the ends.
That was my plan Krell. I hope it is the DPP twin. Eventually that old cable is going to have to go. Thanks for your input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts