Loosing local channels a lot lately on 61.5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Depends what you mean by losing your channels. What exactly happens. I have had two of my non four big networks show a yellow screen a couple of times over the last two weeks....

There have been a lot of reports of local channels coming from 61.5 going black lately so it's probably not just you. Does a reboot fix the problem?

On Sunday and again last night, my local channels froze and then went black. All of the other channels seem to work fine. A reboot corrected the problem, but that's a huge pain in the ass, plus it messes up my recordings. Any idea why this is happening?

On Sunday and again last night, my local channels froze and then went black. All of the other channels seem to work fine. A reboot corrected the problem, but that's a huge pain in the ass, plus it messes up my recordings. Any idea why this is happening?

Try going to point dish. This usually clears up the issue without having to reboot unless PTAT is running. If PTAT is running you don't have any choice but to reboot.

I'm having issues with my locals on 61.5. Since 10 am this morning I have had the message that "We know that your locals are out there is no need to call" This has been on three of my locals that originate from the same tower (Parkersburg, WV DMA) however WCHS out of Charleston, WV (imported ABC) is working. Having the Hopper system my locals are all on the same transponder so it's odd that the three locals from Parkersburg are not operating. I ran the diagnostic tools and both sats come in green and system status is good.

My parents on my second DISH account have a 722k and western arc dish 1000.2 + a side sat for 61.5 ,that we installed when you could only get hd on that sat. Now they have Houston,Tx locals and they are on both 110 sat western arc and 61.5 on eastern arc. They were watching delayed , a recording of ABC show Good morning America and it was stopping, speeding up and was acting very jittery. I looked and the recording was being made off of the 61.5 sat. I checked the dish point screen and the signal strength was very low at only 27 on the spotbeam. So I went on the roof and removed the 61.5 side sat coax into the 1000.2 western arc dish and re-ran a check switch. So now the locals only come off of 110 sat. No more jittery ,skipping, picture. My parents said that the picture had been doing that for a while now. But then again my dad always makes every problem seem like it has been that way for ever. So for some reason the locals kept defaulting to the lower signal on the 61.5 sat.

Now on my account I have Beaumont, Tx locals that come off of 61.5 as well and I have seen no problems with my picture using my hopper and eastern arc 1000.4 dish + a side sat for 119 sat. So I know that the only connection is that they both come off of 61.5 sat ,but I have seen no difference in my recordings or live tv off of my locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts