Lord of the Rings: Return of the King on Starz 261

SeattleVoomer1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2003
Just finished watching. This was the most stunning movie we have yet seen here at home! The PQ was just amazing. We saw the movie when it first hit Seattle and except for absolute blacks this had it beat (we have a SimSeleco DLP). Of course, seeing it only 15 ft. away helps. And this off of a satelllite.

OK, enough for now. I'm sure others have seen as good or better on VOOM but since Dec. '03 this did it for us.

Oh yes, still watching HDTV under where is the rain?! Seattle skies, Gill

Gill, I agree! This is the best movie I have yet to see from Voom, it actually looked HD, unlike many I have seen that are just marginally better than a DVD. I'm viewing on an LCD pj, you know my screen size and I am also 15' away, totally amazing. I can't believe I sat there for 3 1/2 hours and actually watched a movie, this is a first for me. The sound kicked major butt as well, I thought my rafters were coming down a few times.

Was this the fs version of the movie? I noticed that there were no black bars on the top and bottom. I watched parts of the movie several times during the day on both my 30" Samsung widescreen hdtv and my InFocus 4805 from about 11' back on a 7' screen and the picture filled the screen, although the 4805 is only edtv. The picture looked great, but I cannot say that it looked any better on the Samsung or 4805 than the dvd. I have seen the original release of RTOK a number of times, but I much prefer the extended version where the extra minutes add much to the story.

The LOTR movies are what made me buy a hdtv 2 1/2 years ago so I would have a good tv on which to watch the dvds when they were released. I did not have satellite until Voom and at that time there was not enough hd programming here to even consider it. So LOTR was the hd catalyst for me and I have even had a marathon viewing of all 3 films on my pj, but not the extended versions yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)