Loser with another stupid question

Jknee

Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
On the 722, what does Dish Wish mean and how do i use it. Is it like the TIVO wish list? Tivo was so much more user friendly. I miss my Tivo.
:eek:

Also, does the dvr only go ahead with scheduling for 2 weeks ahead at any time?
And how will i know when i get a response? email ? I'm so new, i have many questions, but I'll learn well when given the correct answers. Please Am hungry to learn as I am a couch potato. :hungry:

What kind of response did you get with your Tivo wish list? What happened to your Tivo?

The 722 lists programs about 8 or 9 days ahead.

regards,
fitzie

I have never seen "Dish Wish" before. The 722 as with all newer Dish dvrs are so easy and user friendly I don't know what you could miss from your Tivo. If you want to record something, just select it from the guide before it starts, everything you need is right there. If the show has already started just hit the record button, then "more options" and again all you need is right there. Every time I use a Tivo it seems a lot more confusing.

Brad

I have a 722 DVR and two SD Tivos. The 722 does not have all of the features that TiVo has, but I do not miss any of those features. The 722 records HD and is easy to use. I don't watch SD TV, so I do not use my TiVo at all. They are still hooked up, but set idle. TiVo does not make a HD DVR that works with Dish, just cable. You can schedule any program on the 722 to record new episodes, or all episodes, just like the TiVo. The 722 also can record two sat channels and one OTA channel at the same time while you watch a recorded program.

On the 722, what does Dish Wish mean and how do i use it. Is it like the TIVO wish list? Tivo was so much more user friendly. I miss my Tivo.
:eek:

Also, does the dvr only go ahead with scheduling for 2 weeks ahead at any time?
And how will i know when i get a response? email ? I'm so new, i have many questions, but I'll learn well when given the correct answers. Please Am hungry to learn as I am a couch potato. :hungry:

No one has answered your question so it couldn't be that stupid.

YES - Dish Wish is about the same as TiVo's Wish List.

The TiVo wish list worked far better IMHO. The Dish Wish List tends to record way too many duplicates so I never really use it.

You won't miss your TiVo for much longer. The Dish DVR is way way better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)