Losing Audio on Hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Roxor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Indiana
Sorry if this has been posted before: When I try to go back on watching on a Joey the Hopper loses audio. I have S222 on the Hopper and 271 on the Joeys if that means anything.

I get this problem when watching a program from one hopper on the other hopper. Clears up after a reboot, but that is a bit of a pain. I which I could schedule a hard reboot once a week when I know I'm not recording anything just to avoid these types of problems.

I am losing audio also, but mine is happening on a Joey in the bedroom. I am trying to decide if it is the Joey or the TV because it is a new TV that I installed at the same time I got the Hopper. It is intermittently happening on Live TV or DVR. Anyone else have issues with Joeys?

Check your audio options... Make sure it is PCM only. Earlier software options we found out that the Joeys audio what drop out !!!!

Benyth said:
I get this problem when watching a program from one hopper on the other hopper. Clears up after a reboot, but that is a bit of a pain. I which I could schedule a hard reboot once a week when I know I'm not recording anything just to avoid these types of problems.

Fought this problem for almost 2 months - had to reboot nightly to get sound while watching programs recorded on my other Hopper. I finally switched from HDMI to component and have not lost sound ONCE in almost a month now.

xfoneguy said:
Fought this problem for almost 2 months - had to reboot nightly to get sound while watching programs recorded on my other Hopper. I finally switched from HDMI to component and have not lost sound ONCE in almost a month now.

In my case at least, "PCM ONLY" didn't help. Maybe it's my TV, although other sound sources work fine with HDMI. I'm not thrilled with component but it beats nightly reboots!

Change the audio output setting to PCM only disable volume leveling then change the mode to line mode... That should fix it if not call the tv manufacture to see what software version your tv should be at if its not current they can send USB flash drive with an update.

Change the audio output setting to PCM only disable volume leveling then change the mode to line mode... That should fix it if not call the tv manufacture to see what software version your tv should be at if its not current they can send USB flash drive with an update.

Wouldn't the problem really be on the Hopper since rebooting it solves the problem?

Well rather then rebooting the hopper 1st cycle through your tv inputs (switch to HDMI2 then back to HDMI1) or which ever one the hopper is connected to and if sound returns the issue is possibly with the tv not decoding the audio properly when hooked up via HDMI...

I have no audio at all on my Hopper when first powering up from standby. Changing channels restores the audio.

Oddly, this didn't start when S222 was first downloaded. It only started a week or so ago. (But, it was happening on an earlier SW version. I forget which one.)

My audio issues started with the download of S222. When coming out of standby my audio receiver is outputting 2 channel only, I have to change the channel on my Hopper to get it to revert to Dolby Digital. This is a minor issue to me but my wife gets a little torqued when the volume is so loud when turning the system on. I hope S223 resolves this issue for my wife's sake.

My system loses audio on SD channels only. I can change channels to HD and I get audio. Change to SD, live or recorded and I get no audio. I even played with the available audio settings on the Hopper with no change. Only a reboot fixes the system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)