Losing audio on some channels after nightly reboot

Kirbo40

Dec 13, 2014
Pasadena,TX
After the nightly reboot/update at 01:30 I am losing audio on some channels. Reset hopper and it fixes this. I have the HWS with one joey. Hopper is hooked up to a Pioneer VSX-21txh receiver. Hooked up with HDMI only. This is an everyday thing. Anyone else seeing this? Been reading a lot of posts on here & have only found people with total audio loss - not just some channels. It seems like it's always the same channels that lose the audio. Like there is data loss during the update.

Nov 27, 2012
United States
I've been losing the audio on my superjoey thats connected to my Denon X2100 receiver by HDMI through the audio return channel input. To get the TV audio working I've had to turn the receiver on & off. This has only happened since the latest update.

Kirbo40

Dec 13, 2014
Pasadena,TX
Total audio loss on those channels or intermittent? Do you remember which channels?

Total loss on about a dozen channels, don't remember which ones. One I know is AHC - formerly the Military channel. Also
all the Cinemax channels. Haven't really studied this too hard yet. Maybe it's related to transponders, but like I said have not studied it too hard. Just got in the habit of resetting the HWS everyday.

Kirbo40

Dec 13, 2014
Pasadena,TX
Total loss on about a dozen channels, don't remember which ones. One I know is AHC - formerly the Military channel. Also
all the Cinemax channels. Haven't really studied this too hard yet. Maybe it's related to transponders, but like I said have not studied it too hard. Just got in the habit of resetting the HWS everyday.

Just flipped on the system and have an audio loss on at least 1 channel - so as an experiment after reading other's posts, I unhooked the HDMI cable and plugged it back in. That seems to fix the audio loss just like rebooting the HWS. So is it an HDMI handshake problem?

Kirbo40

Dec 13, 2014
Pasadena,TX
Thinking out loud here. I'm using a Harmony remote and it could possibly be the order everything turns on causing a problem.
The HWS comes on first then the TV then the Pioneer receiver. Maybe have the Pioneer come on first if I can figure out how to change the order.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)