Losing my mind trying to figure out why no signal with new DPP44...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dbinaz

Original poster
Dec 16, 2006
Laveen, AZ
I have the DPP Twin that has 1 & 2 and In From LNBF and another DP Dual.

When the dish guy hooked it up I had only 2 dual tuner receivers.
There were 2 runs coming in from the DPPT and the DP Dual goes into the DPPT.

I want to add another single tuner receiver, so I got a DPP44.

I disconnected the DPD from the DPPT and ran it to the DPP44. So now I have 3 lines in to the DPP44. Now I run the Check Switch and it can't get a signal at all. I tried disconnecting the splitter at the 622, but same problem.

I am losing my mind here. Did I mess something up? Should the DPD still connect to the DPPT and just have the 2 lines to the 44?

Please help!! :eek:

Thanks,
Derek

Connect the satellite feeds as follow:

Port 1 119
Port 2 110
Port 3 Wing satellite (129 or 61.5)

Power inserter must be on port 1 with no diplexers. If you're using diplexers they must be rated to 2A. The blue Holland diplexers are the only ones I've seen that are rated for high current.

If all else fails try not using the power inserter at all! I had simular problems only picking up 119, so I took the power inserter off and everything worked fine and that has been a year ago! There has been talk on this very subject in the past! It will work without the power inserter it draws power from the recievers! I have 2 DVR'S A 622 AND A 522 all work with no problems even with turning them off at night!

See if you can figure out what you did, to make it work. I am just curious. Even if you know and don't want to say, 'cause if I say that they will think I am stupid. Let us know. If your not an expert at this it ain't stupid. We even makes mistakes all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts