Losing the drop down window to select Hopper on DVR

ross9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
Ms Coast
I have a two Hopper system and for the last several nights after the update I am unable to to see recordings between my Hoppers. If I go to the bridged Hopper and deactivate bridging and then reactivate it everything is fine until the next update. I am not sure but this seems to have started with 244. Has anyone else seen or had this problem?:helpsign:

Bridging should not have anything to do with this since it allows for the internet to be shared between receivers. Have you tried unplugging both Hoppers? Also, can you please send me a PM with your account information? I would like to submit a technical problem report about this.

Zach
Unplugged both and it worked for the 1st night. Next night same problem after update. Turned bridging off and then back on and and it's working agaIn. Makes no sense.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The same thing happened to me after the 409 update the other day but I just rebooted the hopper that couldn't see the other one and it came back.

Zach thinks it may be a cabling issue and a tech is coming Sat morning. We'll see if he can find anything.

Tech was no help. At first he told me you could not watch recordings from one hopper to another. You could only do that from a Joey. It started down hill from there.
Could not recreate the condition so I am not sure he totally understood the problem. Did find that the Joey connections on the duo node were not terminated as my joey is not connected. Had to point that out to him. Was hoping this might fix the problem but it has occurred 3 out of the last 4 nights after the update. He said the rest of my wiring was good and there was nothing else for him to check.
Any ideas from anyone would be greatly appreciated.:help:

Are you saying a 2 Hopper only setup doesn't work the same as a 2H 1J? If I can't see my other Hopper after I return my Joey why have 2 Hoppers? And why pay more for "whole home" service?

Are you saying a 2 Hopper only setup doesn't work the same as a 2H 1J? If I can't see my other Hopper after I return my Joey why have 2 Hoppers? And why pay more for "whole home" service?

That's not how it should work, but he seems to be indicating that there is a glitch. That being said, my 4 Hoppers have no trouble seeing each other and I haven't had my Joey connected to a node in 8 months (it's on WiFi.)

I suspect a cabling issue.

It worked good for the first 6 to 8 weeks before the problems started. We have moved into a rented duplex after a house fire and there is not a lot I want to do as far as cabling.(all new hopper & joey) Have another tech coming Sat and they are going to replace the node. If that doesn't work we will just wait until we move back home and go back to the 2 hopper 1 joey setup. Don't want to lose the 2 hopper setup because it has been a great system up to now. I will post if the new node works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)