Losing Viacom Channels

JonOrlando

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2007
Altamonte Springs, Florida
So, what's the deal with Bright House? Is it them that is wanting to keep the money or is really Viacom that wants more money to carry the channels?

Personally, the only channel that I would miss would be Spike if it happens.

Anyone have any updated info on these channels going dark tonight at midnight?

There is a discussion about this in the time warner area, as it affects both companies..

But its just the usual fight between programmer and provider. One wants more money per channel the other does not want to pay it.

I usally tend to side with the provider always in these disputes because if the provider loses that means I lose (I have to pay more for TV service)

The following are the channels that will be gone from Time Warner Cable and BrightHouse Networks starting Thursday, Jan 1st according to Viacom's website:

-ATOMFILMS -ADDICTINGGAMES -CMT -COMEDY CENTRAL -GAMETRAILERS - HARMONIX -LOGO -MTV -MTV2 -MTVN INTERNATIONAL -MTVU -MTV TR3S -NEOPETS -NICKELODEON -NICK JR. -NICK AT NITE -NOGGIN -PARENTSCONNECT -QUIZILLA -RHAPSODY -SHOCKWAVE -SPIKE -THE N -TV LAND -VH1 -VH1 CLASSIC -VH1 SOUL -VIRTUAL WORLDS -XFIRE

Note: Only some of these channels are on these two cable companies. About 18 or 19 will be gone.

Last edited:
The following are the channels that will be gone from Time Warner Cable and BrightHouse Networks starting Thursday, Jan 1st according to Viacom's website:

-ATOMFILMS -ADDICTINGGAMES -CMT -COMEDY CENTRAL -GAMETRAILERS - HARMONIX -LOGO -MTV -MTV2 -MTVN INTERNATIONAL -MTVU -MTV TR3S -NEOPETS -NICKELODEON -NICK JR. -NICK AT NITE -NOGGIN -PARENTSCONNECT -QUIZILLA -RHAPSODY -SHOCKWAVE -SPIKE -THE N -TV LAND -VH1 -VH1 CLASSIC -VH1 SOUL -VIRTUAL WORLDS -XFIRE

Note: Only some of these channels are on these two cable companies. About 18 or 19 will be gone.
Hooray! Then our rates will go down!

Its the equivalent of highway robbery. You pay us our money now or you will lose your feed. If you are not happy about whats going on you need to call these people.

/CONTACT: Kelly McAndrew, +1-212-846-7455, +1-646-725-7428,
kelly.mcandrew@viacom.com, or Jeremy Zweig, +1-212-846-7503, +1-212-243-4724,
jeremy.zweig@viacom.com, or Susie Arons, +1-212-843-8033, +1-917-751-1776, all
of Viacom; or Carole Robinson, +1-212-846-8760, +1-917-860-5891,
carole.robinson@mtvstaff.com, or Mark Jafar, +1-212-846-8961, +1-646-239-6530,
mark.jafar@mtvstaff.com, all of MTV Networks/

Bright House and Viacom have reached an agreement. The channels are staying on. On a side note, Bright House will now carry all the Orlando Magic games. Happy New Year!

Nice. You got the channels back and added the Magic's other regional spot, being FSN... I'd just be wary of the upcoming annual rate increases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts