Loss of Local Channels Twin Cites

sat-buddy

Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Nebraska
I'm Dish Retailer installed a customer in the New Auburn area in Minn. on the eastern arc w/mpeg 4 equipment (VIP 222K). Customer losses there local channels (4-5-9 and 11) everyday late morning an are gone for the rest of the day.
People in the same area on the western arc ARE NOT having this problem. They are getting a logo stating that Dish is aware of the problem please do not call. Any ideas on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

That's the message the E* receiver flashes when it loses lock on a local channel. It may be a bad LNB that goes wonky with daytime heating from the sun. Do they regain signal at night when it cools down? What signal strength are they getting on the transponder early in the day before losing signal? It it's low to begin with the antenna may need to be tweaked to get a higher signal or replaced if it is warped. You need to go out when they lose signal to see what's going on. Is it just the locals they're losing or all programming?

I live in the same DMA with an Eastern Arc setup with a 722 and 2- 211k and do not experience anything like that...

Laddyboy

Only local channels are gone. No other programming is lost, only local out of Minneapolis.
Channels are back on in the morning for about 4 to 6 hours.

I would try realigning first and do it when they are out of signal. The EA dish is apparently tougher to get aligned the farther north you are based on what some installers have reported. It also doesn't take much warp to screw up signal strength. If that doesn't work, I'd change out the 1000.4 antenna and LNB assembly and see if that works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts