Loss of local now OTA isn't recording correctly

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rdjr74

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 23, 2010
Cincy
WLWT channel 5 is no longer being provided, thank goodness for my OTA. Oh wait, it's not recording my shows properly.

So, I had to set up my DVR to record on the OTA channel thanks to the local disputes happening currently. I go to my DVR to start the show but all I get is a continuous loading screen. The shows will not load. This was exactly the point why I got the OTA with my original 722K, at the time we did not have locals thru Dishnet. Things worked fine then but now with the Hopper/sling the shows are not recording properly. Any advice or things I could attempt. I'm nervous to rescan for locals as I forced the new UI and was warned not to do that (rescan). Could this fix my issues though? Thanks for the advise in advance!

I came to ask the same question. Arrrgh dish what are you doing to us!?

So I can watch my dropped channel with my OTA dongle, but when I try to bring up the manual recordings I get the green Kitt car thingy, and never loads.

Hopper 3 here

Admittedly, this isn't much of a workaround, but if you highlight the tile in the DVR list w/o actually opening it, and just hit the Play button on your remote, it will at least play the newest episode that is in the folder.

(and props to bryan for the Knight Rider reference! :D)

Reactions: rdjr74 and pattykay
Ohhhh thanks for the tip, it did play last show recorded, but that doesn't help with the others....
So taking your idea I went on the app, and low & behold, they all show, click play and watch on TV!

Shhhhh don't tell the dish software goons

Reactions: rdjr74 and DWS44

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)