Loss of signal on some receivers

duckydan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I have a problem I am stumped on.

I have 6 receivers hooked up to a switch. 1 VIP 722, 3 Dish 301 Receivers, and 2 VIP 211k receivers.

The VIP 722 and VIP 211k receivers are seeing everything on the checkswitch and all satellites are being detected and all channels are working fine.

On the Dish 301 receivers I am seeing odd patterns: 61.5 - All, 110 - Odd, 119 - Even, and a mix of that throughout. When I try to view locals (which should be on 61.5) the receiver is trying to load them on 110 and I get a message "We are aware of the problem and there is no need to call us" but on the receivers that are working (the HD ones) everything is working fine.

Any idea as to what could be causing it on the 301s? I've tried switching spots on the switch and still no luck.

Quick update to my problem...

I swapped out the switch and replaced it with a new one... same model.

I am now getting only 119 on all receivers on that floor.

On the floor below it (which streams down to another switch) I am getting everything and on the floor above it I am getting everything. The floor in the middle is the problem child getting only 119.

I used a superbuddy to test the line strength and signal and everything is fine on that end going into and coming out of the switch. The switches are currently set to Disceq mode.

Once again any help to fix this is appreciated as I've now officially done everything I know short of running new lines from the switch to the receivers.

Wow! Do I follow you right? Do you have switches on several levels of your home? If so, explain how you have them connected.

Not home... work...

I have 7 switches. 36 receivers. (inherited by me when my company fired their satellite installer)

They are daisy chained together. 4 lines going in to the top of the first switch then repeat process down to the 7th switch. All lines test fine with signal strength except for the one problem floor (floor 2 of 7) Oddly floor 1 of 7 gets everything so it is just the one floor having problems.

Not home... work...

I have 7 switches. 36 receivers. (inherited by me when my company fired their satellite installer)

They are daisy chained together. 4 lines going in to the top of the first switch then repeat process down to the 7th switch. All lines test fine with signal strength except for the one problem floor (floor 2 of 7) Oddly floor 1 of 7 gets everything so it is just the one floor having problems.

*** I am kinda interested in what kind of switches you have too. I am not familiar with the brand of switches you are talking about. The only think I can think of is that there is too many switches cascaded. Maybe you are exceeding the maximum of switches that can be cascaded.

The installation was done by a professional installer before we canned him and he actually had one more on the line but we no longer needed it and it was removed before I began replacing some of the 301's with 722s and 211ks. We also have a few 311 and 322s installed in our system.

These are the switches:

thumb_dmk5582f.gif

Spaun DMK-5582F

Also of note: if it were too many switches the switch on the bottom floor (furthest from the dishes) would also have the same problem but instead it is getting every channel as it should. It seems like a setting issue on the switch perhaps but it is set to Disqec and the only other options are "Standby" and "22hz" (which based on what is written on the switch is for use with D*)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts