Loss of signal

gdarwin

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 9, 2005
Lousville, KY
Storm approaching... Both the 942 and the 622 loose signal on 110 and 119. D1000 pointing directly at the approaching cloud. Switch to a channel off the 61.5 sat and a-ok.

The 211 and the 411 never lost signal....

Does this mean that using a separator off the DPP44 is causing a drop in signal for the DVR's?

Most likely, when ever you have a break in the line by way of a connection I believe its a .5 or a 5 decibel signal loss but I cant remember wich it is. Either way the seperator and dishpr plus does something similiar to splitting and depending on how much coax you have in line between the dish and the 2 receivers will also have an effect as well as how ever many breaks and connections you have in each line as well.

I have another DP34 laying around. I have disconnected 129 because of dropout problems. I might put the 34 to the right of the 44 and run some more coax and give it a try.

It's 0.5 dBmv loss for a barrel connector or ground block. A 2.0 dBmV loss for a diplexer. I don't know about a separator but it's probably somewhere in the middle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)