This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

lost 110 signal

lvrbjar

Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
ontario
hello,
i need help getting my signal back for the dish network 110, what i did is i tried to install a switch so i have both 110 & 119,
signal was fine before i cut the wire, but once i cut the wire to go from the lnb to the switch and to the receiver the signal got lost,
so i tried to go directly from lnb to the receiver but i couldnt find the signal, i went on the roof and moved the dish around but that didnt work,
i did unplug the wire fromt the receiver before i cut the wire, but i didnt unplug the receiver from the wall,
did something happen to the wire, or the lnb, if anyone can help that be great

thanks, lvrbjar

Hmmm the problem is, you did really messed things up.

What switch you try to put, what the system do you has, how you cut the wire and how to make it connection again ??, THat was very unwise you moved the dish.

the switch is sw21, i have the dishnetwork 301 receiver, i had no problem finding a signal when the system was running ok, but as soon as i cut the wire signal got lost, i tried running the wire directly from lnb to receiver but still no signal, i dont think the dish position is the problem, like i said, i did move the dish before and found the signal no problem

thanks

if it happened after you cut cable. check the connections make sure nothing touching center conductor. and check the receiver if it makes humming noise if it does then it means there is a short some where

When you added the switch in you should have run the check switch utility to recognize the change in the configuration. Also if you did not make a clean connection as was pointed out that would also cause problems. Now that you have moved the dish your no longer aimed at the 110 satellite wich makes things worse for you. If you not inclined towards this kine of work it would be a good idea to contact dish network to have a tech come out or call one of the local yokal outfits in your area to come take a look at your setup and fix it right.

i did notice that there was a humming noise when i connected the wire to the receiver, which i havent heard before, so i though i would use a new wire and i got it fixed,
i guess it must of shorted out the wire,
thanks for all your help

lvrbjar