Lost satellite 110

J-Man

Original poster
Feb 16, 2023
Hi everyone -

We've had the Vip722 for 11 years here in SoCal. We switched from DirecTV. The past few months I've encountered either 'partial signal loss' or 'complete signal loss' on several channels.... The HD channels in some cases have switched to SD and I've just lived with it.... Now it's getting out of hand... I did a chat session with Dish a week ago and learned about the Switch Tests and today I've lost satellite 110 altogether. Is it an actual dish issue or is it a receiver issue? Everyday at 6am the receiver reboots as scheduled but nothing seems to help. Nothing is in the way of the satellite itself. Thanks for any advice.

Hi everyone -

We've had the Vip722 for 11 years here in SoCal. We switched from DirecTV. The past few months I've encountered either 'partial signal loss' or 'complete signal loss' on several channels.... The HD channels in some cases have switched to SD and I've just lived with it.... Now it's getting out of hand... I did a chat session with Dish a week ago and learned about the Switch Tests and today I've lost satellite 110 altogether. Is it an actual dish issue or is it a receiver issue? Everyday at 6am the receiver reboots as scheduled but nothing seems to help. Nothing is in the way of the satellite itself. Thanks for any advice.
Bad LNB ("eye") on the dish or water-damaged Coax/connectors or the 722 is no longer processing signal correctly.
What were the signal strengths on the other Sats, using Transponder 21, if you want to run another Check Switch