Lost 119 Sat.

pauli20000

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2003
Hello All,

I recently had a vip612 fail on me and was replaced. Right after the replacement i can not get 119 sat on either of the 2 boxes I have. Dish came out says it tree growth. I have had tree growth problem a long time ago but i got some signal, now I get Zero not a blip. This system has been aimed at the 119 and 110 a long time. Any Ideas before I start cutting trees.

Thanks

pauli20000

LOS from the dish is a lot higher than most people think it is (The beam skims the dish and comes off the top, it is not a direct bounce off the center). You may have the tips of the tree in the way or new limbs grew with leaves causing the problem.

Hey all,

I cleared some trees to get my signal back, but still no luck with 119 signal. 110 is about 75 -90 on all transponders. I am not sure what to do, I believe more than enough trees where cleared. Any suggestions would be appriciated. I wonder should i change the LNB, just to see if that works.

I am dreading having to resort to cable.

thanks

pauli 20000

You can try a new lnb or sharpen the chainsaw and keep cutting to the right of where you stopped. 119 is farther west and lower elevation than 110 in most areas

Hello All,

I recently had a vip612 fail on me and was replaced. Right after the replacement i can not get 119 sat on either of the 2 boxes I have. Dish came out says it tree growth. I have had tree growth problem a long time ago but i got some signal, now I get Zero not a blip. This system has been aimed at the 119 and 110 a long time. Any Ideas before I start cutting trees.

Thanks

pauli20000

Are you getting 129?

I don't have a dish pointed at the sat.. I was wondering if i should redo my set up, right now I have dishes pointed at 61.5, 110 and 119. Any thoughts wether a newer dish and lnb would help?

pauli20000

Depending what sat your local channels are on, you could switch to the eastern arc dish. It points higher and farther south

General sight is from the bottom of the dish to the center of the lnb, if that line is above the trees, it is probably a bad lnb.

Quick question the 1000.4 dish has three outputs, how are those connected to the receiver. right now i use a signal seperators.

reaimed dish at 72 and 119 and got no signal, I aimed at 110 and got signal. It looks like I maybe screwed.

pauli20000

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts