Lost ABC HD OTA on VIP622

Trek2000

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
Tallahassee, Florida
I lost the OTA HD signal on my local ABC Station last night. They broadcast the same programs in standard 4:3 on a digital sub channel I was able to get it. This morning the HD channel came back on but I can no longer get on my VIP 622 receivers. I can get it on both of my TV receivers. I have deleted and rescanned several times. I get a signal strength but no picture or sound. I still get the digital sub-channel on my 622s.

This has happened to me. Do two things. First make sure your HDTV setup is set Analog/Off Air. Even if you have not changed it, check it. Then hard reboot (unplug for about 3 minutes).

Press Menu twice on the remote control, what software version do you have? Also check for your R00 number, is it in these ranges?

PID: 08B4h, ID: 4GKC, FW: L617, Model: ViP622/ViP722

PID=08B4h

DownloadID:'4GKC'
Upgrading FW:
'L617': 'AAA1'- 'DCA1' 'L040'- 'L616'
'L617': 'AAA1'- 'DCA1' 'L040'- 'L616'
New FW:'L617'
List of BootStraps and BuildConfigs:
'1[1-8]1[A-G0-8]' 'RB[BDEGHK-NPS].'
IRD Model: ViP622
List of Serial Numbers:
[2] 73174765-87904401
'1[1-8]30' 'RB[BDEGHK-NPS].'
IRD Model: ViP622
List of Serial Numbers:
[2] 73174765-87904401

L617 was spooled to those receivers on Wed. early morning. Just trying to see if the new update did something to your OTA channels.

I have had 617 for a while and it worked fine and I am getting all the other stations that are UHF. I unplugged the reicivers for about 30 seconds I will try unplugging them for longer.

The same thing happened to me yesterday. When I got home last night my dvr events showed Lost but when I tried to view it, it was my local CBS channel. When I tuned to my ABC channel, I got the error message showing no signal. I checked my other TV and it was fine. I tried a hard reboot this morning and rescanned my locals. It showed in the list but still gave me the same error message. So... I called the useless Dish techs and tried to explain the problem and they told me "we don't troubleshoot OTA antenna problems, I got nowhere! Total dumba**es. Not wanting to give up, I scanned my locals a couple more times and finally got it back, strange. I've had 617 for quite a while so that wasn't the problem. Weird.

I live in Adel, and had the same problem. The issue is with WTXL not your receiver. Their encoders failed, not sure when are they are going to get fixed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts