Lost ABC. What are my options?

idabeldishguy

Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
Hi everyone. I'm new to the site. This is my story. I was a C-Band user years ago and then moved to Directv. Liked the service but then started having "blackout" issues. Became frustrated and "upgraded" by changing to Dish to get DVR's etc. Dish recently lost the ability to broadcast my ABC affiliate (contract negotiations). Now I can not get ABC. I live in SE Oklahoma. I am in the Shreveport La market, which I can not stand. We do not get any info from OK on the news etc. I would like to get ABC and would like to change my locals to OKC, or Tulsa. What can I do?:confused:

Thanks Buzzdar. I've heard of this. How would I know if I can get the Tulsa locals where I am. Probably 150 miles from Tulsa, and 175 from OKC.

Thanks Buzzdar. I've heard of this. How would I know if I can get the Tulsa locals where I am. Probably 150 miles from Tulsa, and 175 from OKC.

If you go to the Echstar Knowlegebase (The Echostar Knowledge Base on DBSTalk), you will find a list of channels and transponders for each local city. You need to look in trhe 110 and 119 detailed channel list to find them.

Oklahoma City:

SD - 110 sat Transponder 25, Spotbeam 25
HD - 119 Sat Transponder 3, spotbeam 9.

Tulsa:
SD - 110 sat Transponder 4, spotbeam 20
HD N/A (It was announced once, but never offered)

You then go to the technical section and look for the heading "Individual Maps 110 and 119 spot beams. This will show you the exact coverage, including county outlines. If you are within the beam, go ahead and 'move'

:mad:I am a c-bander and have an 8' a10' and a 6' dish. I had sho time most of the winter and enjoyed the movies for free. It is no longer in the *clear*, so what can I watch now?
I get the c/span channels and the shopping channels as well as Doctor Scott. Big whoop!
I wonder if they will bring the discovery channel back on ch-21 t3 again?

I am too disabled to fight the dish and too broke to order anything else....*HELP*

YELLOWFOX

:mad:I am a c-bander and have an 8' a10' and a 6' dish. I had sho time most of the winter and enjoyed the movies for free. It is no longer in the *clear*, so what can I watch now?
I get the c/span channels and the shopping channels as well as Doctor Scott. Big whoop!
I wonder if they will bring the discovery channel back on ch-21 t3 again?

I am too disabled to fight the dish and too broke to order anything else....*HELP*

YELLOWFOX

Try posting this in the c-band section. This is for Dish Network equipment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)