Lost Absolute HD

None of those channels are really worth switching for me either.

However, I thought I read they will be discontinuing Absolute completely soon (and everyone will be forced into a Turbo package). Has anyone else heard this?

Nope (guess I need to keep a watch out tho)

If they force us to switch, then they risk losing me as a customer. Right now, I don't even bother opening the offers I get from D* in the mail.. but if I'm forced to pick a new package anyway, I will certainly be willing to entertain offers from other companies. Heck, even my local TWC will offer me a stupidly priced pkg for 1-2 years of locked in price (and they're _finally_ starting to catch up in HD channels.. at least the channels I care about).

As long as I have HD Absolute tho, I'm an E* customer. Its their choice.

.. I thought I read they will be discontinuing Absolute completely soon (and everyone will be forced into a Turbo package). Has anyone else heard this?
No. And I hope you read wrong :)

FWIW if Dish discontinues the HD Absolute package they will get even less $ from me. I'll either switch to Locals Only* or switch to DirecTV.

Talon Dancer

* I'd switch to OTA only in the heart beat of a humming bird if I could get ANY reception without a 200' OTA antenna mast.

If the story is true, it sounds like the OP just got screwed; no other way around it...

I have the HD Absolute and also subscribed to one of the south asian channels for 10 bucks. I want to drop the south asian channel but for the exact same reason I am sitting tight not doing anything.

Everybody and their mother knew you could not add rsn to Absolute.

Seems funny that you knew how to get Absolute, but not the above.

Something doesn't add up, Troll maybe?

No, obviously everyone doesn't know the inner workings of Dish's idiotic programming packages. A select few of us that read this forum do, but apparently the Dish Network reps that answer the phones do not.

Agreed!

But if you know enough to come here to vent.. you also should have known enough to come here and research :)

There's a real problem here though. The CSR is an agent of E*. SatGuys is not an agent of E*. Normally, do you go with the party with authority or the one without. Note this says nothing about who provides the better information. The OP could have come here and got the skinny, but would have been told the same thing by the CSR, the one with the authority to provide the service to the subscriber. The problem is E*'s, in that their agent made a boo-boo because the agent didn't understand the product/service he's selling. Usually company's are pretty good at correcting their agents' mistakes and misrepresentations. E* isn't all that good in doing so. They make it hard to do so by forcing subs to go through an Executive Office matrix. I recently had an issue with Comcast at the FL location where they charged me for a month and a half of high speed internet service they shouldn't have. The first CSR was a male and a real ass and refused to lookup my account or do anything about it. I called back, got another CSR who looked at the account notes which clearly showed the error and did the $100 or so credit back to my account. They also mentioned the CSR I had spoken to would likely be terminated as he was already on probation for similar antics. I didn't have to go to some high level Exec Office team to get a simple resolution to the problem. E* doesn't trust their CSRs and maybe shouldn't based on the erroneous information that seems to come from them sometimes.

I completely understood I could not add RSNs to the Absolute package. The CSR told me this and confirmed it with her supervisor. I was about to hang up the phone.

What got me excited was the rep saying she will give me the equivalent TurboHD package, give me the proper re-occuring credit to off-set the cost, and that I would not lose ANY channels; but in fact, "get more channels."

But none of that happened.

I completely understood I could not add RSNs to the Absolute package. The CSR told me this and confirmed it with her supervisor. I was about to hang up the phone.

What got me excited was the rep saying she will give me the equivalent TurboHD package, give me the proper re-occuring credit to off-set the cost, and that I would not lose ANY channels; but in fact, "get more channels."

But none of that happened.

In that case you should take it up with the Executive office, and deal with them only from now on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)