Lost all recordings last night.

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
Last night we had a power outage in my area for about 3 hours.I was watching a recorded show,when power went off.When power came back I wanted to resume watching,after receiver reset,all my recordings(40 plus hours )where gone.I didn't do anything ,they were just gone and Recording space back up to full amount.What happened.Is my receiver screwed up or what.Thankfully recordings were not all that important,just annoying that it did that.

I don't remember many posts over the years of that happening, but it can happen. Usually it's the one recording you were watching that might dissapear. As already suggested be sure to to a reboot,, actually a hard reset, (Unplug the unit wait about a minute and plug it back in) and they may reappear.

Thanks

I auctually tried all request,unplugging and resetting.Its recording fine now,just all older recordings gone..I had a lot of past season shows recorded I never had a chance to watch,then I had to have back surgery and I am laid up,and was going to start watching,Just my Luck.Maybe I can catch some shows on Hulu..

The same thing happened to me on Sunday but I lost all recorded content, timers, folders, and favorites on one hopper the other hopper was fine

They are both connected to the apc ups

They only thing that remained was my system lock password

Several power cord resets later it will not even allow me to restore my timers from a backup on the remote two days before the problem

Dish is shipping a replacement

Unfortunately,it happens.Have lost recordings on just about every dvr we ever owned.Glad that Dish added ehd support on newer models.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts