Lost almost all channels

jackal24

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 7, 2009
Cincinnati
I have a setup with two dishes (one has 3 or 4 lnbs on it, and the other has 1 pointing in a different direction). I have 2 receivers (a 222 and a 211k). Everything worked fine this morning, then all of a sudden, I get just a few channels. Everything else says looking for satellite signal.

The weather outside is sunny and not windy. There are no trees or anything in the way either. The dishes look the same as yesterday (from the ground), and all connections I can reach seem good. No obvious breaks in the wires either. When I do a 'system status', I get red for all 4 satellites on the 222 and red for 3 satellites and green for 77 on the 211k. What is weird is that earlier I had yellow for the 129? sat and red for the other two, but now that one is red too.

I called e* and they are sending a tech out tomorrow, but is there anything I should look at before the tech gets here?

Try unplugging all receivers (at the same time) for about ten minutes. This will cause the switchgear to reset and maybe clear its head.

I presume you have the new purple smart cards either installed or built-in?

Press menu-menu and line 4 should say DNASP241.

built-in. i did a whole bunch of stuff with the online tech and he thinks something is wrong with the switching stuff or the lnbs. One receiver can get 129 and 77, the other cant get either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts