lost chanels on 811-need help

dunncottage

Original poster
Jun 10, 2006
nh
lost HBO showtime encore comedy central hgtv sundance channels on 811 fed to plasma. still receive HBO and showtime hd channels most of 180 package and locals.
the 721 is unaffected-receives all SD channels.

i have two dishes running into an SW 21. one is dish 500 with legacy quad. dish is pointed at 119 and 110. 2nd dish is 10 yr old single lnbf pointed to 61.5

problem started earlier this week. i ve rebooted three times with no change.

system info shows software p339. st 110 and 119 are green. 61,5 is red with a cross thru it. from this i would assume that its a problem with getting the 61.5 signal-but i get the Boston/NH locals that are only on 61.5 just fine as well as all hd channels and other info channels that as far as i know are only on 61.5.

its been raining pretty steady for most of this time but the situation did not change in the few weather breaks we have had recently.

i ve emailed dish tech but of course have had no response. i thought i d have better luck here. any help would be appreciated by forum response or pm to dunncottage@gmail.com

did a checkswitch which was fine. signal strength on 61.5 was in 40 range on some transponders and 60 range on others. 110/119 signal strength was in 60 s for some transponders but most above 80 s.

Last edited:
check switch is fine. signal strength on 61.5 on most transponders is in the 60 s but in 40 s on several. signal strnegth on 110 and 119 is mostly in 80 s and above

sure the 40 s is too low. but that doesn t explain why i don t have programming that comes in off of 110/119 or why i still have programming such as hd and locals from 61.5. i m guessing the transponders that show low signal stength are not being used

I have 119/110 and 61.5, my numbers accross the board are a lot higher than yours. If you high numbers are in the 80's, it is possible to be low enough to lose channels if they drop in bad weather. My 119/110 are in the 100's and 61.5 in very high 90's, I am in NE PA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)