Lost channels

leenie312

Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
Since becoming a DISH Network customer it has been nothing short of a nightmare. I have had the repair people out to my house at least 7 times...and for some unknown reason they cannot get both of the receivers to get the same stations at the same time. We finally have all the stations on our livingroom receiver....but upstairs we have a motley array of channels which seem to correspond with the last upgrade. We no longer have the local channels. Channels that we still pay for. I have given up calling them for help...they send out people who don't know what the heck they are doing...and when I have complained that since last November, when we had it installed, we have not had all the channels at the same time....they say they will prorate it and give us a couple of dollars off on the next bill....but we still don't have the channels. One guy says we need a switch, the next guy brings a switch...the next guy undoes the switch....I have had it and want to cancel it altogether :mad: /vent

If you want help rather than just a place to vent please tell us what you have for equipment. Is it a dish 500 with a dish pro twin LNB? What model receivers do you have? You mention installing a switch then removing it, how is it currently connected?

leenie312 said:
Since becoming a DISH Network customer it has been nothing short of a nightmare. I have had the repair people out to my house at least 7 times...and for some unknown reason they cannot get both of the receivers to get the same stations at the same time. We finally have all the stations on our livingroom receiver....but upstairs we have a motley array of channels which seem to correspond with the last upgrade. We no longer have the local channels. Channels that we still pay for. I have given up calling them for help...they send out people who don't know what the heck they are doing...and when I have complained that since last November, when we had it installed, we have not had all the channels at the same time....they say they will prorate it and give us a couple of dollars off on the next bill....but we still don't have the channels. One guy says we need a switch, the next guy brings a switch...the next guy undoes the switch....I have had it and want to cancel it altogether :mad: /vent

Could be they are running the two receivers off of the same switch. I did this when I first hooked up my 2nd receiver. Check to see if they split the line to the two recievers after the switch, assuming it's a SW21. Each receiver should be on a separate switch. Each switch should have its own connection to the LNB's.

Push the System Info button on your remote or on the front panel of the receiver if it has one. Post what it says for both receivers in "g" (Satellites & Signal) and "h" (Device).

Or run a switch check in the "Point Dish & Signal" screen (Menu, 6, 1, 1) and post the results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)