Lost Chicago Locals?

light200

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 31, 2006
I have a 622 in chicago, and a 222 in northern wisconsin, both were receiving hd and sd programming with chicago hd locals just fine for over a year. About a month ago, my receiver which is located in northern wisconsin "lost" the chicago local channels, but all other programming was as normal. any idea on what happened here? i have hard reset the receiver and checked all signal strength, everything is normal. Did dish change the chicago locals spotbeam coverage on me? FYI...dish thinks that both receivers are in chicago. has the receiver gone bad?

sorry, but what's a "super spot beam capper"? Wjhy did i receive them fine for over a year with no trouble, and a month ago they stopped? this receiver is not hooked up to phone line or broadband either. Did dish recently implement a smaller coverage area for the chicago DMA? If so, is there a map i can see?
thanks for the help too.

The spott beam cappper is a magic super mysterous super hero that takes locals and puts them onto spot beams. Meaning, Chicago went off of a conus transponder and is now spot as of last month. So if you want to watch Chicago locals from northern wisconson then you are SOL!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)