Lost control of 622 TV2

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
I'm stumped. After 15 mos, have zero control of TV2. When I turn on the TV, I get the usual Dish Welcome screen. Pressing Enter does nothing. Changed batteries. Tried changing the remote address, but it won't respond. Also used extra remote (722 UHF remote which I don't use...single mode). Nothing. Now, if I switch the 622 to single mode, then back to dual, TV2 will display the last channel that it was tuned to. But, no more control from the remote. Any ideas? Thought I'd pass along before I call Tech. Also, is this the scenario when you should order DHPP before I call? I forget the exchange/replacement policy after a year.

Loose remote antenna? Inside the coax connector has a small wire that goes onto the main board with a typical plug-in connector, not much to troubleshoot.

Try a reboot and then verify from Sys Info that TV2 is set for UHF? Perhaps the firmware blew chunks and a reboot will clear it up?

Miner

Loose remote antenna? Inside the coax connector has a small wire that goes onto the main board with a typical plug-in connector, not much to troubleshoot.

Try a reboot and then verify from Sys Info that TV2 is set for UHF? Perhaps the firmware blew chunks and a reboot will clear it up?

Miner
"Check" on all the above. Still no go. Antenna is tight. No response when six inches away. Rebooted. NADA.

I have seen the rem #2 "receiver" go bad before, it's not common but it happens. If its going to cost you to get it fixed you could swap your receivers since like you said, you don't need the tv2 rem on the mono mode receiver.

.......... verify from Sys Info that TV2 is set for UHF?

Miner

LOL! youre killin me. TV2 is ALWAYS UHF. you cant change it (without special equipment).

I suggest trying the following:

1) make sure the UHF remote antenna is in the right port on the receiver and that it is not laying down or bent or something.

2) make sure the mode buttons (sat/tv/vcr/aux) on the TV2 remote light up when pressed. make sure its set to SAT.

3) Do a front panel reset, and it should restart in "dual" mode, with the TV1 lite (yellow), the tv2 lite (blue) and the Mode lite (orange) all lit up. If not, somethings wrong. Try a power plug pull.

4) pick up tv2s remote and try the POWER button and see if the blue light goes off and on. If yes, and its not working at TV2 location, somethings interfering with the UHF signal. Try a UHF antenna extension kit. if NO:

5) when all lights are lit; enter "menu 6-1-3" with tv1s remote. pick up tv2 remote and press the select button - see if TV2s ICON flashes. If it doesnt, readdress the remote as follows:

Pick up TV2 remote: Hold down the SAT button until all the mode lites flash, punch in a new remote address number on the number pad (such as 04) then press the # button. SAT button should flash at you. Then press the RECORD button several (like 6 times more or less) to send the new address to the reciver. you should see the number change.

Press select and see if the TV2 ICON flashes now. If yes, it should be fixed. exit the menu and see if you can turn the blue lite on/off with TV2s remote.

6) If this still fails: Go into the menu and find the selection "factory defaults" and make that happen (note your TV2 settings 1st).

7) Do a front panel reset, run a check switch, let it download, and try readdressing the remote as in #5) above. If it works now, then:

Re-setup youruser options: Caller ID, TV2 Modulator, etc....... basically all of the selectable options in the menu system to your preferences.

If it still doesnt work: receivers hosed.

If it still doesnt work: receivers hosed.
She's toast. Thanks for your time to write it all down. Called and added DHPP. Will call Tech tomorrow. Funny, I was just thinking the other day how lucky I have been to have no problems. That will teach me to think!;)

Maybe I should not have called on Sunday, but my FIRST tech call lasted over an hour and ended with the tech dropping my call after she said she was going to send me a new 6.3 remote and my telling here that I already have two of them, niether working. She said I'll be right back and boom...she was gone. Called again, this tech walked me through a couple of things with both remotes, no good. So, he has scheduled service for a week from today. My question to those of you more in the know, will they bring out a 622 refurb/replacement? Would it be worth trying again to see if they would just send me a replacement? I do have a -9 LNB drift which I reported once they said they were going to send someone, so I guess they might as well come. I just am afraid of them saying "yep, it's bad, then having to wait for Dish to send a replacement. Thanks.

Maybe I should not have called on Sunday, but my FIRST tech call lasted over an hour and ended with the tech dropping my call after she said she was going to send me a new 6.3 remote and my telling here that I already have two of them, niether working. She said I'll be right back and boom...she was gone. Called again, this tech walked me through a couple of things with both remotes, no good. So, he has scheduled service for a week from today. My question to those of you more in the know, will they bring out a 622 refurb/replacement? Would it be worth trying again to see if they would just send me a replacement? I do have a -9 LNB drift which I reported once they said they were going to send someone, so I guess they might as well come. I just am afraid of them saying "yep, it's bad, then having to wait for Dish to send a replacement. Thanks.

so you tried all those steps and no go huh? happens.

If you have DHPP now, and a service call is scheduled, the tech should be bringing a new reciver with him. I havent seen a 622 come into the shop for a year, we are replacing all bad 622's on service calls with 722's. If your 622 is leased, the tech must take it with him if he leaves you a new receiver.

If your system has drift, it should be fixed during this same service call. See that the tech address's it.

If you want, I can check your work order if you PM me your phone number sometime today (before 5pm CST). Im off the next 2 days.

Hey topcat. Thanks for your help over the weekend. I can't tell you how frustrating it was to have my call dropped after more than an hour...and hour that was achieving nothing. This gal should not be a tech rep. Kept trying to tell me the UHF remotes for 622 and 722 were different and said she was going to send another one. That's when I challenged her...and when she dumped the call. ANYWAY...my phone is xxx-xxx-xxxx. Thanks again...KAB (xxxxxxxxxxxxx)

included pm for everyones benefit:

OPPS...... my bad, for some reason the system wont let me query by phone number outside of my area (new info to me).

I can try account number if you like. We will find out if I can see that or not also. Its worth a shot.

Hey topcat. Thanks for your help over the weekend. I can't tell you how frustrating it was to have my call dropped after more than an hour...and hour that was achieving nothing. This gal should not be a tech rep. Kept trying to tell me the UHF remotes for 622 and 722 were different and said she was going to send another one. That's when I challenged her...and when she dumped the call. ANYWAY...my phone is xxx-xxx-xxxx. Thanks again...KAB (xxxxxxxxxxxxx)

included pm for everyones benefit:

OPPS...... my bad, for some reason the system wont let me query by phone number outside of my area (new info to me).

I can try account number if you like. We will find out if I can see that or not also. Its worth a shot.

damn! sorry KAB, I tried to querey for your info and our system just wont let me check outside of our local area. So I cant confirm your work order for you.

sorry about that.

I'll kick myself to lunch and back for you.

good luck with your service call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts