Lost DVR Programs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ripnbigc

Freeze Sucker!
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Wichita, Ks
My 622 just started doing something new over the weekend. A couple shows that I recorded show up in the list of My Recordings but when I try to watch them, all I get is a black screen and no audio. Its happened twice now. Once on Universal HD and once on an OTA recording. Called E* tech and they said they haven't seen this before. Anyone else had this happen?

I have had the same problem with my 622 - this has been frustrating. For me, the problems have involved recording OTA channels - the record time duration is usually screwed up on the recorded show when this occurs. I've gotten the black screen and also have had the 622 lock up. One thing I noticed was that even though you are recording an OTA with tuner 1, you can watch the channel that was tuned in when the recording started, even though it was a different channel (the DVR is not supposed to work this way, but instead should switch to the same channel being recorded; the 522 I had would switch to the channel it was recording). If you attempt to change the channel you are watching (even though it is a different channel than being recorded), the recording continues, but that's when things can go bad (which makes sense). This feature has been nice, allowing me to watch the NBA playoffs on TNTHD while I am recording an OTA channel at the same time. As long as I don't attempt to change channels when this situation is occuring, I don't seem to have problems. I have not noticed the blank screen problem when recording with tuner 2. I hope E* gets this fixed.

I had the same problem the night before last. (West Coast, Seattle area). CSI "froze" and would only move forward in bursts. The it stopped completely. I had recorded it while recording another program - which DID record okay. I think Dish is putsing around with their software. Of Course, Dish hasn't yet "officially" announced that network HD is even AVAILABLE out here yet.

dungenessHD said:
I had the same problem the night before last. (West Coast, Seattle area). CSI "froze" and would only move forward in bursts. The it stopped completely. I had recorded it while recording another program - which DID record okay. I think Dish is putsing around with their software. Of Course, Dish hasn't yet "officially" announced that network HD is even AVAILABLE out here yet.

That freezing on CSI was a network feed problem,, I watched it live and it was a problem on CBS-HD, CBS-NewYork SD, and even my local CBS station.

Had a similar issue with a LIL earlier in the week, then later in the week a schedule recording from A&E. Both show in the DVR list, and both recorded "black".

That happened to me on the Office finale. It showed in my DVR list as recorded (40 minutes) but when I tried to play it the screen went black and the TV jumped back to the last channel that I was watching.

It happened to me 2 times this past week. All on OTA channels. All on the DVR list, but when I try to play them back, just get a Black Screen. Called Tech. Support, they said they had not heard of this problem and had no suggestions for me.

I just had that problem and a soft reboot solved the problem. I am now watching my recorded shows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)