Lost HD channels for a few days

AngryStamen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2007
So, here's the story: I live in Pittsburgh and we got a lot of snow dumped on us over the weekend/early part of the week. Monday and Tuesday, I lost all my HD channels (except for my locals). Everything from Comedy Central, to ESPN, to Root Sports Pittsburgh, etc. I did a reset on Monday, to no avail. This afternoon, I went outside to see if my dish was coated in snow, but it was completely clean. I finally did a power cycle reset, and about an hour later, I had my HD back.

Just wondering if anyone else had this experience, and if it lasted as long as mine, or could it have been remedied by a power cycle reset earlier in the week. Thanks!!

Go into your Check Switch screen(Menu>6>1>1>Check Switch for VIP 722 and below, Menu>Settings>Diagnostics>Point Dish>Check Switch for Hoppers) and if the satellites are 110, 119, 129 then you are a Western Arc with a Dish 1K.2WA, if the satellites are 61.5, 72.7 then you are a Eastern Arc 1K.2EA dish, and if the satellites are 61.5, 72.7, 77 then you are a 1K.4 EA dish, still on the Eastern Arc.

Go into your Check Switch screen(Menu>6>1>1>Check Switch for VIP 722 and below, Menu>Settings>Diagnostics>Point Dish>Check Switch for Hoppers) and if the satellites are 110, 119, 129 then you are a Western Arc with a Dish 1K.2WA, if the satellites are 61.5, 72.7 then you are a Eastern Arc 1K.2EA dish, and if the satellites are 61.5, 72.7, 77 then you are a 1K.4 EA dish, still on the Eastern Arc.
Ok, my satellites are 61.5 and 72.7, so I must be Eatern Arc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts