Lost HD OTA Guide Info

47HO

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
I've recently lost the Guide info for a couple of my OTA locals on my 622, running update 4.47?. I've connected the OTA directly to the TV to test, and the program info is being transmitted. It is only happening on a few (not all) HD locals. Could this be caused by a bug in the new software?

:confused:

The "guide" that your TV sees is totally different from the guide provided by DishNetwork for local programming. Your TV sees the PSIP coding that each station puts out. That PSIP data is totally unsuited for DVR programming purposes.

Have you done a hard reboot (unplugged) of your receiver, that solves many such anomalies?

Often after updates the receiver needs to be hard rebooted.

Yes, I have done the hard reboot, as well as reset everything. I should note that the SD local station via Dish does show the info in the guide. Dish does not offer HD locals in my area. The HD OTA local info only shows "Digital Program", or something like that. And it only happens on a few OTA HD locals, not all.

Thanks.

Yes, I have done the hard reboot, as well as reset everything. I should note that the SD local station via Dish does show the info in the guide. Dish does not offer HD locals in my area. The HD OTA local info only shows "Digital Program", or something like that. And it only happens on a few OTA HD locals, not all.

Thanks.

Before you contact tech support, may I ask if the channels that you see "Digital Service" on, are they ones you do NOT receive on dish??? I have several channels that dish does not provide (the main channel), and one that dish has on another satellite. On each of those channels (for our OTA), we only see "Digital Service."

In prior discussions on this board, it was discovered (or at least strongly suggested) that you will only see guide info for the channels that are provided on the satellite(s) your dish sees. For instance if all of your locals are on 129, and your dish can see 129, you will see the guide data. However, if one of your locals is on 61.5, and your dish can't "see" 61.5, you will only see "Digital service" in the guide.

Hope that helps,
Geoff

Before you contact tech support, may I ask if the channels that you see "Digital Service" on, are they ones you do NOT receive on dish???

You do not receive info only for stations carried by Dish.

But first make sure you rescan in the OTA station.

Sometimes the problem has been that that your local has changed the way or contant of its PSIP info. Sometimes incorrectly and sometimes just different. Twice in NY WCBS changed they way it did this (both correctly) and both times Dish stopped mapping the data correctly.

Sometimes they have corrected the way the map the data, but stop mapping using the old psip info, which is why you should rescan.

In both cases it took getting through to the correct area within Dish Technical Support to get it corrected. Regretabbly no one has ever identified the best way to do this.

Last time it happened I sent a message to dish at their Quality Assurance Department email address(dishquality@echostar.com). They said it wasn't them but did send it on to the area that was responsible. I got a email back that included some area names but not email, which said they had identified the problem and would correct the problem in about 24 hours, which they did. And yes then some others who didn't rescan lost there info.

Last edited:
* Update *

I contacted Dish and received the following:

Thank you for your email. Our engineering department is aware of this issue, and our currently working with our partners for the best resolution to this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience. In order to get this issue resolved as soon as possible, please reply with the information below. This will go directly to our engineering department. Thank you very much for your assistance.
1. Press the menu button on your remote control
• Select System Setup
• Select Installation
• Select System information
2. Please collect the following information:
• Model ID
• Software Version
• Receiver CA ID R00
• Smart Card CA ID S00 or S19
3. Press the number 3 on your remote:
• The number starting with DNASP
• Bootstrap Version
I sent this info to them and was told the fix will appear in a future update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)