Lost HDMI signal

edpkp81

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 21, 2007
Lake Ariel, PA
Last night when I turned on my lcd tv, there was as message on the screen that said no signal (a tv message while in hdmi input mode). I checked the hdmi connection in the back of my 622 and it appeared to be connected firmly. When I disconnected, the tv message changed from 'no signal' to 'check input cable'. Is there a way to check to see if the hdmi port is working properly on my 622? I do not have another hdmi port on my tv nor do I have another hdtv to connect to.

How old is the 622? It could be time to call & get a replacement w/ the upgraded HDMI port, it happened to me & "several many" others... The early versions developed loose connections inside the receiver...

How old is the 622? It could be time to call & get a replacement w/ the upgraded HDMI port, it happened to me & "several many" others... The early versions developed loose connections inside the receiver...
I just finished an online chat. She wanted me to go out and buy a new hdmi cable and try that. When I asked her if I would be reimbursed if it turns out it is a receiver problem and she told me to wait a moment (probably to check with a supervisor). She then informed me a replacement receiver was on the way.

I just finished an online chat. She wanted me to go out and buy a new hdmi cable and try that. When I asked her if I would be reimbursed if it turns out it is a receiver problem and she told me to wait a moment (probably to check with a supervisor). She then informed me a replacement receiver was on the way.

When mine failed, I could wiggle the HDMI cable @ the back of the 622 & make the pix go in / out. I have high confidence that the replacement unit will fix the problem...

When mine failed, I could wiggle the HDMI cable @ the back of the 622 & make the pix go in / out. I have high confidence that the replacement unit will fix the problem...

I had the same issue happen to me 2 weeks ago. What ended up needing to be done was, I plugged in a composite cable to the receiver into the TV, and switched it over to that. In the setup I changed the output to 480 and if I remember correctly changed the output to composite, but I might be wrong on that. I then changed it back to the 1080i, that is what the resolution it was at originally, and plugged back in the HDMI cable.

The signal was fixed. It took the tech forever to walk me through this, but I haven't had an issue since.

Hopefully that helps with your problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts