Lost job and have to move.. can't have DISH for a while.. now what?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

toddhawk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
Lancaster, WI
This is a tad complicated.. I lived in Wisconsin and had Dish for 3 years. I took a job in Indiana late last year. I kept the house and my daughter and grandchildren live there. I moved my Dish package to Indiana (with a new 2 year HD agreement). But I lost my job and have to sell my Indiana house. For now I'm moving back to my house in Wisconsin "for a while" till I find work. My daughter has her own DISH contract (non HD as she has no HD TVs). I don't really want to pay a cancellation fee as I'll go back to DISH when I find work and a new home but really don't know what to do before then. If I move my package back, they'll want $100 and my daughter will get stuck paying a cancellation fee. It seems no matter what I do, there will be a fee to pay to DISH even though I'm going back in a few months. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
Todd W

You may not be able to do the pause if you are in a contract... I think that you have to be out of contract to do the pause. But you could go down to the lowest package - that would be the welcome pack for 9.99... talk to a loyalty agent.

Call DISH and ask for their suggestions, they don't want to lose you either. I think the welcome pack also requires out of contract but Family Pack is allowed under contract.

Call DISH and ask for their suggestions, they don't want to lose you either. I think the welcome pack also requires out of contract but Family Pack is allowed under contract.

In special situations, I believe they will let you have the Welcome Pack in contract. You are right, Dish wants to keep its customers if at all possible. Definitely ask. I forgot to mention also, if you have additional receivers you can disable them so that you don't have to pay the lease fee.

As I learned from this board, if you don't like the first answer (CSR on phone.. very rude but she did what you said and offered the lowest package since I couldn't do DISH Pause) try again. I got the DISH Pause but it took them 4 tries to get it right. They were supposed to start it in 3 weeks but it started immediately. Then when I had them fix that I was missing 1/2 my channels. When they fixed that they deleted 1 of my 2 receivers. FINALLY got it all straightened out. This board taught me how to do it right. Thanks guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts