Lost job and have to move.. can't have DISH for a while.. now what?

toddhawk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
Lancaster, WI
This is a tad complicated.. I lived in Wisconsin and had Dish for 3 years. I took a job in Indiana late last year. I kept the house and my daughter and grandchildren live there. I moved my Dish package to Indiana (with a new 2 year HD agreement). But I lost my job and have to sell my Indiana house. For now I'm moving back to my house in Wisconsin "for a while" till I find work. My daughter has her own DISH contract (non HD as she has no HD TVs). I don't really want to pay a cancellation fee as I'll go back to DISH when I find work and a new home but really don't know what to do before then. If I move my package back, they'll want $100 and my daughter will get stuck paying a cancellation fee. It seems no matter what I do, there will be a fee to pay to DISH even though I'm going back in a few months. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
Todd W

You may not be able to do the pause if you are in a contract... I think that you have to be out of contract to do the pause. But you could go down to the lowest package - that would be the welcome pack for 9.99... talk to a loyalty agent.

Call DISH and ask for their suggestions, they don't want to lose you either. I think the welcome pack also requires out of contract but Family Pack is allowed under contract.

Call DISH and ask for their suggestions, they don't want to lose you either. I think the welcome pack also requires out of contract but Family Pack is allowed under contract.

In special situations, I believe they will let you have the Welcome Pack in contract. You are right, Dish wants to keep its customers if at all possible. Definitely ask. I forgot to mention also, if you have additional receivers you can disable them so that you don't have to pay the lease fee.

As I learned from this board, if you don't like the first answer (CSR on phone.. very rude but she did what you said and offered the lowest package since I couldn't do DISH Pause) try again. I got the DISH Pause but it took them 4 tries to get it right. They were supposed to start it in 3 weeks but it started immediately. Then when I had them fix that I was missing 1/2 my channels. When they fixed that they deleted 1 of my 2 receivers. FINALLY got it all straightened out. This board taught me how to do it right. Thanks guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts