lost local channel

myrad42

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
kinston,n.c.
just lost all my local channels in the Greenville n.c., area hope there is not another fee fight. Had them at the beginning of this morning. Look like I lost them around maybe 10a.m.

Can't be a re-transmission issue if you lost all your locals. PBS isn't even a contract channel. See if you lost other channels on the same satellite.

Reactions: charlesrshell
In in the Norfolk area and have been without locals all day, ALL local TV!

This is NOT a contract issue

In Newport, NC, I saw this thread and checked, my locals are gone too. Haven't had the TV on all day.
Both PBS stations are working.
Does anyone know what happened to GCTI channel 48 ? It's been out for a long time and has the message on the screen like the locals. I thought it might be hurricane related, I think the station is in Greenville, but not the case. My husband has Spectrum at his work and said it is working.

Reactions: pattykay
Could it be an electrical outage affecting the stations. A couple of weeks ago I lost two of my Columbus stations from both Dish and OTA. I called the station and was told that AEP had an outage affecting their broadcasting. She said the station was still available on cable but that they could not transmit. Dish had a slate on both channels saying that they were aware of the problem so no need to call them.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: pattykay
Sounds like somebody or something interrupted the feed from the local stations to Dish, maybe a cut fiber line or the like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)