Lost Local HD Channels, Coastal OR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Windy Player

Original poster
Mar 11, 2015
Coos Bay, Oregon
For the past few weeks, the local HD channels are gone. Local SD channels are fine.

Googling shows issues from long ago, but nothing recent. 2011, 2013...
A call last week to Dish was less then totally helpful. The tech started to give me the whole pull the card out, reset the hopper, unplug the device, check the connections run- around, but I was not in the mood. All the rest of the HD channels / SD channels work just fine.

Among the other things she said in an off-hand way something about SpotBeam, a word which I did not mention before she said it. So I asked point blank if they had lost the spot beam channel from the satellite that serves my area, and she asked my zip code. But her answer was then cagey and she would not give me a clear answer whether or not the spot beam was down. I had a look at DownDetector.com but it wasn't really helpful either. There are so many outages across the country that a minor spotbeam loss probably wouldn't show up on their map. Also, when you report a problem, their interface is confusing so almost everyone clicks the first choice hoping for a pull-down and so reports 100% loss - not helpful. And no easy way to give them feedback on that. So FAIL...

Since Dish is not helpful, does anybody know the scoop? Is there a place that will provide real data about what parts of Dish service is down to what areas?

And no it is not a Weather / Tree in the way or other obvious issue. Like I said, the rest of the HD / SD channels are clear with no outages and the problem is constant for several weeks so it's not a "we are having a rainstorm now" problem.

Thanks a bunch for your help.
wp

What's your zip code? I will check the known issue list. If I don’t see anything there we can run through some troubleshooting pn the account. Since local HD channels are included with all packages not to many things that can cause them not to work.

His HD channels are on 129 and his SD channels are on 119. He gets the Eugene, OR locals. Most of the HD channels on the WA are on 129. Does the OP get any of them? It would be good to run a check switch to ensure that 129 is being received.

All my local HD channels have "off air" on my program guide after 11:35 this evening. Lasting till about 5am. Is this something Dish is doing all everywhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's your zip code? I will check the known issue list. If I don’t see anything there we can run through some troubleshooting pn the account. Since local HD channels are included with all packages not to many things that can cause them not to work.
My Zip is 97420 / Coos Bay, OR
Thanks for checking.
BTW, Thanks for having an official Dish presence here. Much appreciated.

His HD channels are on 129 and his SD channels are on 119. He gets the Eugene, OR locals. Most of the HD channels on the WA are on 129. Does the OP get any of them? It would be good to run a check switch to ensure that 129 is being received.
Very resourceful of you. ;) Thanks,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)