Lost my Baltimore enhanced locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

md_paul

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2003
Maryland
I have had the Dish Baltimore Enhanced Locals 1 package since last fall. This allowed me to receive both Baltimore and Washington DC locals based on the FCC's significantly viewed chart.

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-05-187A2.pdf

I noticed yesterday that the Washington DC channels were gone. I called Dish network, and was told (after waiting on hold for about 10 minutes while the CSR "researched" the subject) that as a result of the loss of distant networks, they had to revoke the enhanced locals packages too. I live in Carroll County Maryland, which is listed in the FCC document as being able to receive both locals. The local cable company carries both locals too. Does anyone know if this is true? Did E* also lose the ability to offer enhanced local packages when they lost Distants?

Thanks,

- Paul

It only took two and a half months for you to notice this? :D

As Greg (knower of all DNS data [bowing to his omnicience of all things SHVREA --or is that SHVERA?]) says, yes. Dish had to yank those channels too due to the court ruling.

See ya
Tony

It only took two and a half months for you to notice this? :D

Yeah.. I guess I shouldn't gripe too much about channels missing that I rarely watch. We had a snow/sleet/rain mix in the area (northern MD) yesterday, and I was just curious what the Washington DC stations were reporting about conditions. I tried to change to a DC station, and noticed for the first time that they were missing from the guide.

I hadn't realized that the ruling on Distants also meant that E* lost out on the new SHVIA significantly viewed stations ruling too. While I didn't watch the DC market stations frequently, I still viewed them occasionally, and hate losing stations over E*'s decision to ignore the unfair and biased, however legally valid laws governing the delivery of Distant networks.

Thanks for the information

- Paul

that may be changing though. senators are starting bills to get SV locals back on, I know of at least one from a NH senator, which that may just deal with WMUR and not nationwide sv channels, I'm not sure.

1. SV are distants by definition.
2. The WMUR exception has nothing to do with SV status.
3. It is impossible to have a nationwide SV channel.

that may be changing though. senators are starting bills to get SV locals back on, I know of at least one from a NH senator, which that may just deal with WMUR and not nationwide sv channels, I'm not sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)