Lost My OTA Guide

SeattleGuy

Original poster
Aug 12, 2004
I use OTA for all my Seattle local channels. The program guide provided listings for OTA locals until Feb. 1. Now the guide only sez "Digital Local" for these channels. Has E* stopped providing OTA program info?

Dish wants you to pay for local channels, so they are making it inconvenient for us OTA users that don't pay for locals. Here's the response I got from Dish tech support. Tell me, how much sense does it make to have to pay for locals to get the OTA program guide info (that we've been getting for at least a year now)? If I paid for locals, I wouldn't need OTA!!

Thank you for your e-mail. Unfortunately, we do not guarantee that you will receive program information for off-air channels as this is not a part of our signal. We do apologize for the inconvenience that this causes. In order to receive program guide information, please call us at 800-333-3474 to subscribe to your local channels as we are unable to make changes to your account via email.

You've confirmed my suspicion - E* is pulling the plug on freebies. Guess I'll need to subscribe to locals if I want the program guide.

I hated doing it, but I changed from the at200 + HD(which was really silver hd package) to the dish dvr advantage package.

It saved 4 bucks off the normal cost, so I look at it like getting locals for a buck or so.

I did this because not only was I hating that they are stripping out epg guide data for ota's, but also because it allows me to use my vip622 to record stuff on multiple local channels, since I can rec 1 ota, and 2 sat (locals) at the same time.

I'll print the local listings off TVGuide.com before I pay Dish $5/month for local channels that I get for free OTA. If I owned a DVR the benefits of that Advantage Package would probably be worth paying the extra buck though.

I use OTA for all my Seattle local channels. The program guide provided listings for OTA locals until Feb. 1. Now the guide only sez "Digital Local" for these channels. Has E* stopped providing OTA program info?

I'm in Seattle and do pay for locals and have not lost the guide info for OTA locals. The only thing I did lose was the sub channel info that appeared for a couple of days.

I'll print the local listings off TVGuide.com before I pay Dish $5/month for local channels that I get for free OTA. If I owned a DVR the benefits of that Advantage Package would probably be worth paying the extra buck though.

Yeah, when you have a dvr with no guide data, its a huge pain in the ass...

it's even more a pain because for some reason there is a bug with the 622 where it renames all your ota recordings to "recovered" when it reboots every night. How nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts