lost my picture!

mdram

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Md
ive got an 811 hd reciever and a 52" toshiba projection screen

last night after i went to bed my wife was watching tv and said she hit something on the remote and the picture went black.

if i hit the guide button the guide comes up.
and i can view the channel info when switching channels.

any idea what she may have done?

Same thing happened on my 211 last night. Lost the picture, sound was still there and the guide appeared.

Had to reboot to restore the picture.

reboot?
i tirned it off, but it was still like that this morning
i dont know if the output somehow got changed from 1080i or not
im going to have to check that tonite

Hold down the power button on the front of the reciever for about 10 seconds. That will make the reciever do a soft-reset, and it should fix the problem.

If it is not fixed, try doing a hard reset, by unplugging the power cable for about 30 seconds.

mdram said:
ive got an 811 hd reciever and a 52" toshiba projection screen

last night after i went to bed my wife was watching tv and said she hit something on the remote and the picture went black.

if i hit the guide button the guide comes up.
and i can view the channel info when switching channels.

any idea what she may have done?
I have had simular probs. with 811 in bedroom, it also gets the jitters, and the scroller at bottom of screen, Fox News, jitters right across the screen. I did a power switch reboot last night and it has been fine since. I have a question, my software lists ver. 286, I believe, for some reason it has not been updating, I checked settings for updates and it is set where it should do automatic updates, anyone have a clue about this??

Dirtydan said:
...I have a question, my software lists ver. 286, I believe, for some reason it has not been updating, I checked settings for updates and it is set where it should do automatic updates, anyone have a clue about this??
P3.38 is the latest SW revision. The unit needs to be powered "off" (standby) at the selected time for the updates to D/L. I know our bedroom unit is often left on all night even if we turn the TV off. Same for you...?

No, not exactly the same, this is my wifes set-up, the 811 is almost always turned off, but her tv stays on a lot and it has no running light, so she thinks it is off when it isn't. Anywho, the 811 did it's thing and downloaded 338 sometime in the last couple days.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)