Lost one local channel to a pink screen

RoyW

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
San Diego
Here is a new for for me anyway, last night I attempted to tune into one of my local channels and received a pink screen off our Vip622. I checked with our other two receivers a 625 and 301 and they both picked up the local channel without a problem.

I then attempted to pick up the pink screened local channel off the air and received a pop up that stated the signal was lost and that the receiver was attempting to acquire it, or words to that effect. I also had the option of moving up or down to another channel.

I did a power button reboot to no avail followed by a pull the plug reboot again with no effect.

This morning the elusive local channel was back and works fine off the satellite and off the air. My intention is to keep a close eye on the unit and get it swapped out if that pink screen rears its ugly head again. The receiver is running Software Version L447

Had the same thing happen on my VIP 622 last night. Changed channel and then back, and the pink screen was gone.

I noticed this yesterday morning on KFMB 8 HD. I changed over to the SD channel and all was fine. There must have been a problem with the HD feed.

I noticed this yesterday morning on KFMB 8 HD. I changed over to the SD channel and all was fine. There must have been a problem with the HD feed.

That's interesting because it was channel 8 that I had lost and of course our other two receivers were picking it up as SD. Thank you for sharing the information.

Same thing this morning for KFMB. Pink Screen. I was trying to show off this channel to a new connect yesterday, and the news was in SD.

Problems, methinks, for that local San Diego Channel.

Same thing this morning for KFMB. Pink Screen. I was trying to show off this channel to a new connect yesterday, and the news was in SD.

Problems, methinks, for that local San Diego Channel.

I actually lost KFMB 8 to a pink screen for a short time last night also. They were the first to go HD with their local news programming but I guess as you've said they are experiencing problems at this point. I keep waiting to end up with an hour of pink screen on one of my KFMB 8 prime time recordings in the evening.

I had that while watching a Colts game on the Memphis HD locals. When it didn't let up within a few minutes, I took the cable from my cable modem and hooked it up to the TV and resumed watching the game in HD. It's always good to have a backup plan (especially with Dish Network). As a last resort I had some rabbit ears I could've busted out.

Eventually the pink screen went away and the picture returned without any intervention on my part. The recording of the game also had the pink screen. At the time I figured the pink screen was an issue with the local Memphis station, but now I wonder if it's not a problem with Dish or the 622. I didn't see anybody mention this, but I still had audio during the pink screen.

Station problem

What you are seeing is not E*. In both cases it was an OTA HD encoder lock up of the stream. This why when switching over to the SD version it was available. Also if you switch to the cable version that is on different encoder going directly to the cable headend.

What you are seeing is not E*. In both cases it was an OTA HD encoder lock up of the stream. This why when switching over to the SD version it was available. Also if you switch to the cable version that is on different encoder going directly to the cable headend.

I am currently seeing this on HD locals from E*

Both channel 4 and 9 (Oklahoma locals) are out to "pink screen" right now .... an awful lot of reports of this for it to not be an E* problem.

Am I in the latest thread for this issue or is there one with more info ?

Dish cannot fix the problem Channel 4, 9, 14, 43, 52 and 62 digital channels are down right now.

Why can't they fix the problem? They have had my work email for a long time now. I sent a check the status email a couple of days ago and they said they don't have an answer yet and engineers are still working on it.

mine were out for around 10-15 mins total .. then back up just as quick as they went down .. no reboot needed ... will report it so that they can maybe use the data :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts