Lost OTA channels

Patterson

Original poster
Apr 22, 2004
I have a 6000 receiver and use an antenna to get my local channels. About a week or two ago the signal strength on the local digital channels when to 0 and the analog channels are nothing but snow. I tried disconnecting, deleting the digital channels from the menu, rebooting.. nothing worked. I don't think the antenna is the problem because I get analog channels fine when it is connected directly to my TV, VCR, or Tivo. All the other satellite channels are fine. Any suggestions on what the problem could be? Thanks.

Patterson said:
I have a 6000 receiver and use an antenna to get my local channels. About a week or two ago the signal strength on the local digital channels when to 0 and the analog channels are nothing but snow. I tried disconnecting, deleting the digital channels from the menu, rebooting.. nothing worked. I don't think the antenna is the problem because I get analog channels fine when it is connected directly to my TV, VCR, or Tivo. All the other satellite channels are fine. Any suggestions on what the problem could be? Thanks.

It sounds like your 6000's 8vsb OTA tuner went bad. The good news is that on the 6000, it's an add-on card that can easily be replaced. Call Dish, see if you are covered under any of their warrenty programs. If not you should be able to pick one up online.

Call dish

Call Dish, I lost all my locals on my 921. I called and they said it was THEIR programming and they added the locals for free untill they fix the programming problem. Not sure why their programming affected MY local programming, but they said it did. wierd, but give them a call.

Just wanted to chime in and say that it IS very likely to be a bad 8VSB module. I just had mine replaced after it developed the exact same symptoms. The new one works much better (analog channel quality was always horrible with the old one - I think it was defective since I got it).

Bob

WebGuy said:
Call Dish, I lost all my locals on my 921. I called and they said it was THEIR programming and they added the locals for free untill they fix the programming problem. Not sure why their programming affected MY local programming, but they said it did. wierd, but give them a call.
You need to search around regarding the major 921 OTA issues.

There's a lot of good info on dbstalk.com if you don't get it here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)