Lost OTA guide info after re-scan

jlhugh

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 25, 2003
Austin, Texas, United States
I have a 722k and all was good. I did a scan to pick up some new channels that had been added OTA. Now I am missing the guide data for one of my OTA channels and it is the normal CBS station. It was working fine until the scan. So I did a check switch and let it download that guide info to try and get it back. That didn't work. Will unplugging the box n plug it back in fix it? Any other ideas to get it back. I got stuff recording right now or I would try unplugging it. This is the only OTA channel I don't get guide info for. The rest are fine.

Go to MENU, 6, 8, add locals and tune to the RF channel of your CBS affiliate to see what the signal strength is. There you can try to manually add that channel if it shows up.

Just for the heck of it, try deleting the NEW channels you scanned in. See if the guide data then magically comes back for that one channel. If so, add the new channels back one at a time, and see which one is blocking the guide data once it's entered. My theory is that it could be that somehow one of the new channels is causing the data issue.

Did you do a uto scan or do a manual scan? I'd delete the channel then manually go to channel number to lock it into the receiver than go to Done and save changes. When our local NBC channel changed from a UHF to VHF channel, an auto scan did nothing. I had to delete the UHF channel then manually go to the VHF channel to lock it in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts