Lost Saved Programs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wdavis9

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
meridian, ms
The power went off for a second this morning. My hopper w/sling rebooted and came back on with no problem, but all my saved programs were gone. I unplugged the hopper several times with no luck.. All my timers are there and the program guide is there so the hard drive is okay. Can you send my receiver a hit if that will help or will they show up overnight. Please help

The power went off for a second this morning. My hopper w/sling rebooted and came back on with no problem, but all my saved programs were gone. I unplugged the hopper several times with no luck.. All my timers are there and the program guide is there so the hard drive is okay. Can you send my receiver a hit if that will help or will they show up overnight. Please help
I'd give it a day. Also we are not Dish here, simply a website. There are Dish reps here however and they might be able to help you. You need to PM them to start a conversation. It is difficult to send your box a hit when nobody knows who you are and what the box's ID is....

Just wanted to chime in. This happened to us today, we had a power outage that lasted just a few seconds, and all of our programs disappeared. If this is a normal occurrence I might be dropping the Hopper and going back to the VIP 722 which never did this (for us anyway). We only lost two days of programming, but when we had the VIP 722 we had several years of programs. I'd hate for a random power outage (which we get often) to blitz everything we have stored. Is this a bug?

Get a UPS and put the receiver on it. They are fairly cheap, and work well. I have two UPS's by my entertainment center. They each run 1/2 my equipment, which is extensive. We have enough power issues and brownouts, that until I did this, we had problems also. Now, I haven't experienced any issues due to power for 5 years!

This is what I have: Amazon product ASIN B000FBK3QK
Buy new though, as you don't know how old the batteries are when you buy one used.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)