Lost signal all of a sudden on Trans. 1 Nimiq 2 Expressvu

What people are seeing maybe an artifact of Expressvu going after people using "third party" firmware for the purpose of signal theft.

The recent FTA receivers released with MPEG2 HD support are only a "third party" firmware install from signal theft using Nimiq 2/4. I'm thinking a lot of these people live south of the Canadian border.

anyway, just an idea.

What does this have to do with us? Everyone here who's having problems are subs using legit Bell receivers, NOT Fta receivers.

What does this have to do with us? Everyone here who's having problems are subs using legit Bell receivers, NOT Fta receivers.

Where did I ever suggest anyone here was using anything but "legit Bell receivers"? Too much coffee this AM?

I guess you didn't comprehend my post. The point is Expressvu realigning the TPs, for whatever reason they chose, effects everyone receiving an Expressvu beam in the lower 48. The fact that I stated an opinion on why they are re-aligning TPs is just that, my opinion. I'm not sure why you got so defensive about my comment. :confused:

I'm wondering the same thing about your post fool. ExpressVu has 2 crapelites (one on 91 & one on 82) and they just are moving stuff around. No problems there unless you live in the "bad" areas ofd the crapelite.

The point is Expressvu realigning the TPs, for whatever reason they chose, effects everyone receiving an Expressvu beam in the lower 48
this part makes no sense because unless you live in the no crapelite area you can see all the TP's. This affects Oregon, Cali, AZ, TX, FL, etc....doesn't affect 90% of the states here.

And I have no idea why you threw the FTA hacker thing in the thread. Again, most people in the US can see those satellites so its irrelevant.

I'm wondering the same thing about your post fool. ExpressVu has 2 crapelites (one on 91 & one on 82) and they just are moving stuff around. No problems there unless you live in the "bad" areas ofd the crapelite.

this part makes no sense because unless you live in the no crapelite area you can see all the TP's. This affects Oregon, Cali, AZ, TX, FL, etc....doesn't affect 90% of the states here.

And I have no idea why you threw the FTA hacker thing in the thread. Again, most people in the US can see those satellites so its irrelevant.

I don't think it affects TX much as all TP's are fine one state over in Louisiana.

Where did I ever suggest anyone here was using anything but "legit Bell receivers"? Too much coffee this AM?

I guess you didn't comprehend my post. The point is Expressvu realigning the TPs, for whatever reason they chose, effects everyone receiving an Expressvu beam in the lower 48. The fact that I stated an opinion on why they are re-aligning TPs is just that, my opinion. I'm not sure why you got so defensive about my comment. :confused:

I think YOU need to re-read YOUR own post before YOU jump to conclusions. Your reply made absolutely NO SENSE.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread, anybody get back any of the TP's they had lost? I haven't, but I also have not lost any more the past two days. I'm currently down 32 channels at this moment.

Man.. you guys with the small dishes are too spoon fed.... TO INCREASE SIGNAL GET A LARGER DISH...!!!! GO until you get signal. For me on the OTHER bird, even a 6 foot cant get much of it (N1 or N2) The Crapelites are better for me where I am. But in the satt world a bigger dish, more efficient LNB etc are always the solution. Many have reported using 4 footers in SoCal and barely getting it or not getting it.. try a 6 then oreven an 8 if you feel like paying a fortune ;0

-B

spoon fed lol... i cannot afford a large dish let alone a place to put it! :p i still rent and do not own, yet!

if i spend any money, it will be towards *C, unless i can find a 90cm on the cheap, but then i'll be cluttering my tiny apt balcony. i plan on getting a house in November... then the fun can begin ;)

I have not had a chance to go out and play with my Dish here in Austin yet. It rained off/on all weekend :/ I'll be sure and let digi know what my levels look like when i can play with it and/or compare it with the rest of yall too.

Man.. you guys with the small dishes are too spoon fed.... TO INCREASE SIGNAL GET A LARGER DISH...!!!!

if you're not within the footprint even a bigger dish doesn't work. I've talked to people in Cali who used a 10 footer and still couldn't get N3 (This is when N3 was at 91...before the N4 crapelite came along)

here are my signal levels from Austin 78752 using 20" Dish500 DP Twin 82/91 going into DPP44 switch. receiver is brokered 5100 PVR (maybe not brokered much longer!)

78752 Austin TX BEV signal

This is really the way levels have been for many months now. The moves just light up/take away channels. TSN struggles now :(

if you're not within the footprint even a bigger dish doesn't work. I've talked to people in Cali who used a 10 footer and still couldn't get N3 (This is when N3 was at 91...before the N4 crapelite came along)

Absolutely. Back when they first swapped channels back in 04 (I think), I couldn't get the channels on the "new" bird down here no matter the dish size (even via my BUD).

I bit the bullet back then and switched over to Star Choice.

I am in Nor-Cal (SF bay area) and experience losing the Odd transponders of 82 (nimiq 2). Does anyone have the footprint of the N4?

here are my signal levels from Austin 78752 using 20" Dish500 DP Twin 82/91 going into DPP44 switch. receiver is brokered 5100 PVR (maybe not brokered much longer!)

78752 Austin TX BEV signal

This is really the way levels have been for many months now. The moves just light up/take away channels. TSN struggles now :(

Have tried a single orbital dish at 82W?

I'm in South central Louisiana and can receive all of the active TP's on 82W on my 90cm.

"I'm in South central Louisiana and can receive all of the active TP's on 82W on my 90cm."

Enjoy them now while you can. When Nimiq 4 takes over, you will be getting "0" on all transponders. Nimiq 5 will apparently have the same footprint as N4.

Have tried a single orbital dish at 82W?

I'm in South central Louisiana and can receive all of the active TP's on 82W on my 90cm.

Yep, once. All I did was set the skew to 0 and aimed for just 82. It was a little better and I did pull in everything but just barely. Once I get a bigger place/patio, I'll prolly aim a 90cm @ 82 :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)