Lost signal all of a sudden on Trans. 1 Nimiq 2 Expressvu

bruin95

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2006
Sin City
All of a sudden, yesterday, I lost signal on transponder 1 on 82. Everything had been fine for the few months I've had Expressvu. No channels on this transponder come in anymore. I know that they've been doing some maintenence on 82, but that shouldn't include completely losing a signal on one transponder, should it? Anyone else experiencing this? Every other transponder is fine and I'm getting all the channels I'm supposed to get except the ones on trans. 1. Rebooting didn't help. I could contact the broker, but I don't know what they could do.

What's your setup? One Dish 500 or maybe two Dish 300's. What LNBs are you using?

I have one old D* 18" dish with the standard LNB that came with it. The receiver is a 6120 HD model. The dish is pointed at 82. I do not receive anything from 91 as all I really wanted was the HD stuff. There aren't any HD channels on transponder 1, but I've kinda grown fond of the Silver Screen Classics channel, and that is on transponder1. Up until yesterday afternoon, I was getting signal levels in the 70's on that transponder. Now zero. I thought it was a temporary problem on their end, but it hasn't come back in over 24 hours now. I don't know what to do since my account is through a broker. I have sent them an e-mail, but have received no reply as of yet. All other channels are fine as of right now, so I'm not desparate yet.

I've kinda grown fond of the Silver Screen Classics channel, and that is on transponder1. Up until yesterday afternoon, I was getting signal levels in the 70's on that transponder. Now zero.

Same thing here, since yesterday I get nothing.

Same problem in So. Cal... We lost the TP1 on 82 since Thurs, midnight...

Very disappointing... Someone in this forum has suggested a big dish, such as 90 cm may help. I am looking into that option, but only when someone confirm it will work first.

:(

I'm getting that transponder today at 84%

What size dish do you have? If you're getting 84 on that transponder, and are in Denver, there is no reason why I shouldn't be getting it here in Vegas. I've had this setup since April and have had no issues until Friday. Others, in So. Cal have lost that transponder in the past few days. I don't understand how it could go from the 70's to 0 overnight. The weather has been perfect here for months, so that can't have anything to do with it.

I'm just using a standard Dish 500 to get both 91 and 82. It is tweaked with a meter on 82 since there are lower signals from there. I have a 9200 receiver.

I went through the point dish screen on 82 tonight and I'm not getting anything on transponders 6, 15, 19, 23.

The transponders I do get on 82 vary from the 90's to the mid 40's in signal.

HI DJ ROb,

DO you mean you are still getting good signal on TP1 of 82 by tweaking the signal of 82 around with only a Dish 500?

Kindly confirm. Thanks!

Now, not only is TP1 not coming in, I've suddenly lost signal on TP's 2-5. I'm down about 20 channels now. All the HD is still there, but this is getting ridiculous. :mad:

Well, this is spreading like a disease. Now, I'm getting a signal on only 4 of the first 16 TP's (7,9,10,12). Everything else is out within TP's 1-16. Looks like it's just a matter of time before I'm out completely. :mad:

Was this an expected issue? Weren't they doing a temporary move the other day then movign stuff back? Does anyone know exactly whats going on ;0

-B

Was this an expected issue? Weren't they doing a temporary move the other day then movign stuff back? Does anyone know exactly whats going on ;0

-B

They were doing some maintanence on 82, moving channels to different TP's and then back again, but losing signal on almost half the TP's was DEFINATELY not an expected issue. Some here are experiencing outages, while others are not. I seem to be the one person who has lost the most. If this is a permanent thing, I'm really screwed. I paid a pretty penny for equipment and to a broker and all I got was a few months of programming. Obviously, I'm not a happy camper right now.

I just checked again and in addition to not getting 6, 15, 19, 23...
I'm now also missing 2, 8, 10, 13, 14, 18, 22, 26, 30. I went out and repeaked the dish on 82 but it didn't help. The dish seemed to be aligned correctly according to the meter I have.

Can you guys say your general location? Where abouts are people being affected? I assume not in Canada? Have they possibly put more up on the old DSS birds? Maybe Nimiq 2 is not doing so well! :) I tell you, they certainly didn't plan that fleet well at ALLLLL. They def need more than they have up there of their own equiptment!

-B

I just checked again and in addition to not getting 6, 15, 19, 23...
I'm now also missing 2, 8, 10, 13, 14, 18, 22, 26, 30. I went out and repeaked the dish on 82 but it didn't help. The dish seemed to be aligned correctly according to the meter I have.

This is really getting strange. I'm getting a signal on all TP's from 17 down. You're not getting anything on 6 TP's from 17 down. You get a good signal on TP 1 and I get nothing. Denver and Vegas isn't that far away from each other that we would see such a big difference in signal levels on the TP's. I'm just hoping this is a temporary issue that will be cleared up soon. It's stinks to have problems and can't call anyone (ie. customer service) and get help.

I'm in the LA area and I have no signal on TP 1,3,5,7,9,11,15,21,25,27,29,31. All even transponders are OK. I had this problem before on some of these odd transponders but I think TP 1 was OK though cause I was watching CH 717 and 718 and they were on TP 1. Now those channels are gone. I read some posts I might have a cable problem since I picked up all the even transponders. I am going to try and replace the cable tomorrow and see what happen. I really doubt it's a cable problem since my 91 bird has no problem with the odd transponders, only 82 has these problems. I was just wondering if anyone in the LA area having these odd transponders problem on 82.

I'm in the LA area and I have no signal on TP 1,3,5,7,9,11,15,21,25,27,29,31. All even transponders are OK. I had this problem before on some of these odd transponders but I think TP 1 was OK though cause I was watching CH 717 and 718 and they were on TP 1. Now those channels are gone. I read some posts I might have a cable problem since I picked up all the even transponders. I am going to try and replace the cable tomorrow and see what happen. I really doubt it's a cable problem since my 91 bird has no problem with the odd transponders, only 82 has these problems. I was just wondering if anyone in the LA area having these odd transponders problem on 82.

No it is not your cable. I'm located in SoCal too and is having the same problem. All Vertical are not working. Only getting max ~84% signal strength. Most importantly, my favorite FairChildTV is getting bad signal.:( . Anyone know how to fix this?

What people are seeing maybe an artifact of Expressvu going after people using "third party" firmware for the purpose of signal theft.

The recent FTA receivers released with MPEG2 HD support are only a "third party" firmware install from signal theft using Nimiq 2/4. I'm thinking a lot of these people live south of the Canadian border.

anyway, just an idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts