Shaw satellite loses signal slowly throughout the day.

gbaker

Original poster
Nov 28, 2023
Mesa AZ
I am getting a great signal on my Shaw dish at 4:00 a.m. 96 to 97 on both F2 & G1. By 8:00 a.m. F2 is at 97 while G1 is 34. By 3:30 p.m. both are at 0 and of course no signal. Any ideas why the signal goes from strong to zilch? Thanks.

I would guess that whatever your dish is mounted to is not sufficiently rigid and it being impacted by heat expansion, moisture or both. That F2 is surviving longer in the morning may have something to do with its periodic divergence from its assigned orbit.

My next guess would be that the coaxial cable is expanding and pulling the center conductor out of a connector somewhere.

Reactions: bayguy
I am getting a great signal on my Shaw dish at 4:00 a.m. 96 to 97 on both F2 & G1. By 8:00 a.m. F2 is at 97 while G1 is 34. By 3:30 p.m. both are at 0 and of course no signal. Any ideas why the signal goes from strong to zilch? Thanks.
So I waited until I had no signal and moved the dish while the wife watched the signal and poof....got the signal on both to ninety and its been working great ever since!

• Love
Reactions: bayguy
So I waited until I had no signal and moved the dish while the wife watched the signal and poof....got the signal on both to ninety and its been working great ever since!
So the dish was indeed changing its aim. It may be time to think about moving the dish to a more solid location.

gbaker are you really getting G1 in AZ??? How big is your dish?
Yes, getting G1, at least that's what it says when I look at the signal. F2 & G1. Not sure the size of the dish. It's not the smaller one. Mounted on the side of my Park Model trailer so not overly big.