No signal, tried ? Everything

GwenBurton

Original poster
Nov 27, 2023
Peachland
Sure hope someone can give me some advice. Have had a Bell legacy satellite dish with dual Lnb (one bell one dish network). Using Bell 6131 receiver. Never had any issues with signal. Last time went to use it, no signal. Performed check switch, nothing. When I look at the signal strength screen it shows nothing on the 91 bar. Not even a bit of red. Changed the entire 200’ cable, got some signal with satellite meter in line at dish. Still nothing on 91 bar. Even tried installing a quad lnb (not sure that would work with one line going to receiver). Only thing haven’t done was changed receiver. The dish has not moved that I can see. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. The location is remote so not easy to get a tech.

Are you sure you're looking at the appropriate LNB (the eastern one as the antenna sits)?

What switch is involved in your installation (taking its input from the two LNBs and putting on a single cable for the 6131)?

I suppose it comes down to which comes faster: replacement parts or a service tech with replacement parts in their rig.

I have been using the left one, one line off it. It’s worked for years.
Left and right don't help as we don't know which side of the dish you're looking at. Use East or West instead and there's no question.

The connector on the individual LNB assembly (if it is a dual) doesn't matter.

That both signals are being lost suggests that it isn't the LNBs that are failing but rather the aim. It is also possible that there is an electrical failure. Nothing lasts forever.

Again, it would be nice to know what switch is being used (and a big bonus if you can tell us which end of the cable it is on -- dish end or home end).

Sorry for the confusion…I appreciate your responses. Standing behind the dish (pole side), we have it connected to the left lnb (says Bell) and on the left connector on it. Ok now I have a dumb question…which switch and which side switch is on? What does it look like? I have a dish with dual head lnb, the one port connected directly to coax, running 200’ into cabin, and to back of receiver. Nothing else in line. I did suspect a failure in the line, because when I installed a signal meter in line at the dish, I hooked the house (receiver) side first and it did not light up. Which told me no current. I then ran new cable to the cabin but while the meter lit up, I still couldn’t get a signal. The meter did give me a signal, but nothing back at the receiver.

You may have enough posts to be able to attach a picture.

There must be something electrically connecting the two LNBs such that both their signals can travel out the long cable.

Again, East and West require absolutely no explanation.