Shaw satellite signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stich

Original poster
Apr 24, 2023
London ontario canada
Just tried my super buddy 29 to read the signal strength from my Shaw dish. I am watching tv off it. I found out that I get a reading on left tube but the right tube to give signal strength does not register. I have downloaded updated files for the meter. I have it on xku . Does anyone have any suggestions. My backup buddy does not read either so I know unit is not broken. I suspect it is because of Shaw changing to new system but what are the new settings. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Just tried my super buddy 29 to read the signal strength from my Shaw dish. I am watching tv off it. I found out that I get a reading on left tube but the right tube to give signal strength does not register. I have downloaded updated files for the meter. I have it on xku . Does anyone have any suggestions. My backup buddy does not read either so I know unit is not broken. I suspect it is because of Shaw changing to new system but what are the new settings. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
I think the Digicipher encryption causes problems with many meters. Interestingly my relatively inexpensive Sathero 500 works with Shawdirect. I am confused how you are watching TV since all the channels are encrypted with closed key Digicipher?

The old 600 receivers have to be updated to 800 and 830 receivers by July. Old receivers will become redundant at that time. My LNB head is clunky. No problem getting channels at this time. It is just the super buddy settings that I have to figure out.

Never used a meter but a couple of suggestions. Switch the settings to standard LO 10750. Put it on F2 which has transponders that are dvb-s and qpsk.

Also you could find someone with Bell satellite. See if your strength meter tube would work in that situation.

Lived in London in the late eighties. Love that City.
Catamount

Just now went outside hooked up my super buddy. Checked for signal on the redundant 107 got 97% reading . Checked for 111 and got 89%. Both of my meters are reading from the satellite. I did not change any settings. Thanks to all ideas . I was willing to try any idea to get meters to work.

Reactions: catamount