Lost Signal Satellite 121, Ch.726

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
macallan said:
We have a DVR unit and a basic unit upstairs. The DVR unit started to lose the 726 channel when it started to heat up a few months ago. Now it only kicks on well after 10pm or before 10am or so. I have flipped the cables to different switch jacks and also have had DISH send me a replacement DVR unit. No go. The upstairs unit consistantly gets a 76-78 on sat 121 transponder 4...when I go to the DVR unit it is either nothing or the same.

I am going to pester DISH again about a service call on the eye. But my question is if the eye is going bad why doesnt the non-DVR signal go bad? Different power requirements?

Thanks
Mac
Dallas, TX

Your DVR is probably a 5xx series wich has a software issue that is supposed to have been rolled out to fix the issue wich normaly is only supposed to effect the 110 sat feed. But thinking on your issue I am contemplating that you need to have the coax line that runs from your DVR to the switch and anything thats in that coax run replaced as it sounds like a faulty line or a faulty connection since you have ruled out the DVR unit and now the switch by swapping connections at the switch.

Channel 726

It is 1021am in Dallas and my Dish is in the shade and of course there is no problem with the 121 satellite. ProSiebenSat1 comes in just fine, for now.
Going to see if I can talk them into replacing the eye, but will take heed that you had to call someone out from another company.

I still don't understand why the plain receiver upstairs gets the signal no problem, be it hot, cold or inbetween outside. I was watching the signal level last night after the sun went down on the DVR uknit and it was 76-78 for hours and still did not come in. And this is the replacement DVR reciever.

Thanks for the info.

Mac

Okay. 1031am and the signal for channel 726 out on the DVR reciever. The signal level for SAT 121 Transponder 4 shows 76. The non-DVR reciever upstairs gets the same signal level and Channel 726 comes in fine.

I looked at the Superdish right after the signal was lost and the sun is just hitting the eye/shroud and nothing else. The arm, Dish and all of the cabling is in the shade.

I guess I am going to hunt for someone to service the eye module.

I found this in another thread: "Dish says there is in fact a problem with some of it's SuperDish 105 LNB's and it is heat related. The Lot number of these defective LNB's are P310, P311, & P312 (instal dates late 2004 and early 2005). The Lot # can be found by removing the top shroud cover and exposing the label on the back of the 105 FSS LNB."

i dunno. i thought we had superdish121s -not 105s.